M, #39201, (1926 - 2014)
- Reference: [39201:N] !Add fb
- Birth*: 19 Jul 1926, MO, 119260719030000000000.3
- (Parents, son of William Leroy Scroggins & Ethel Laveda Robertson).
- Marriage*: 11 Apr 1952, Virginia Ruth Hollon, Stanislaus Co, CA.4
- Marriage: 14 Aug 1999, Patricia Mae Duncan-Scroggins.5
- Death*: 19 Dec 2014.6
- Burial*: 27 Dec 2014, Lakewood Memorial Park (8102), Hughson, Stanislaus Co, CA , 37.61998,-120.89760
- Death of mother: 17 Apr 1960, Ethel Laveda Robertson, Wagoner, Wagoner Co, OK.7
- Father of Groom: 20 Apr 1977, Loyd Wendell Scroggins and Patricia Adcock, Stanislaus Co, CA.
- Father of Bride: Lloyd Ervin Scroggins, as the father of the bride, attended the wedding of Glenda Marcella Scroggins and James Warren Gunn Jul 1980.
- Residence: 1988, and Virginia Ruth Hollon, 4750 S Avennida Luga, La Grange, Stanislaus Co, CA, 95329.8
- Residence*: 1992, and Virginia Ruth Hollon, 1829 Columbard Way, Modesto, Stanislaus Co, CA, 95351.8
- Death of wife: 24 Aug 1994, Virginia Ruth Hollon, Memorial Medical Center, Modesto, Stanislaus Co, CA, From injuries suffered in an automobile accident that day at Central Avenue and Hatch Road.4
- Obituary (Surviving Husband): Of Virginia Ruth Hollon, 26 Aug 1994, Modesto Bee, Modesto, Stanislaus Co, CA, "Virginia R. Scroggins. "
- Residence*: Bef. 1997?, and Rebecca M. Richardson, 1-1/4 mi N of Leach, Rose, Mayes Co, OK, 24364.
- Obituary (Surviving Husband): Of Patricia Mae Duncan-Scroggins, ca. 23 Oct 2002, Grove Sun, Grove, Delaware Co, OK, "Patricia Mae Duncan-Scroggins."5
- Residence*: Bef. 2003?, and Virginia Ruth Hollon, 4425 Esmar Rd, Ceres, Stanislaus Co, CA, 95307.
- Residence: Bef. 2003?, and Virginia Ruth Hollon, 4750 Av Lugo Rd, La Grange, Stanislaus Co, CA, 95329.
- Obituary (Mentioned): Of Walter Lee Scroggins, 4 Dec 2012, Daily Oklahoman, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Co, OK.9
Children of Lloyd Ervin Scroggins & Virginia Ruth Hollon
- Relationship: 4th great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 24 Dec 2014
- [S2736] John M. Scroggins (K604), "Various," e-mail message to Michelle DeeAnn Gunn, Various, From "Michelle Oller" <e-mail address>
To "'John M. Scroggins'" <e-mail address>
Subject RE Scroggins Genealogy News - Loyd E. Scroggins
Date Fri, 1 May 2009 143306 -0700
Yes, the E stands for Ervin. He was in WWIIand I believe it was the Navy. I’m not sure who Walter’s parents were, but I will find out for you. How are you connected to the family? Who was your dad?
I’ll ask my grandpa if he has any more information. I have some, but not a lot. I’ll get it and email you…probably in the next week or two.
- [S2360] Facebook: Loyd Ervin Scroggins [23 Dec 2014].
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), LOYD E SCROGGINS 19-JUL-26 11/4 MINO OF LEACH Rose OK 74364
REBECCA M SCROGGINS 07-JUN-61 1&1/4 MIN OF LEACHOND Rose OK 74364
LOYD E SCROGGINS 19-JUL-26 4425 ESMAR RD Ceres CA 95307
LOYD W SCROGGINS 09-MAY-54 4837 FAITH HOME RD Ceres CA 95307
LOYD E SCROGGINS 19-JUL-26 4750 AV LUGO RD La Grange CA 95329
LOYD W SCROGGINS 09-MAY-54 1012 EDINBURGH DR Modesto CA 95350.
- [S1663] Modesto Bee
, Virginia R. Scroggins, Modesto Bee, The (CA), 26 Aug 1994
- [S51] Obituary Patricia Mae Duncan Scroggins, Grove Sun, Grove, OK, ca. 23 Oct 2002
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggins, Loyd Ervin (19 Jul 1926 - 19 Dec 2014) [39201:N].
- [S2736] John M. Scroggins (K604), "Various," e-mail message to Michelle DeeAnn Gunn, Various,
- [S1944] Ancestry: U.S. Public Records Index,.
- [S1665] Daily Oklahoman
, Walter Scroggins, 4 Dec 2012 [Legacy] [Blog]WALTER SCROGGINS
Oct 29, 1924 - Nov 30, 2012 OKLAHOMA CITY God took our beloved daddy and granddaddy (Pappa Lee) home Friday, November 30, 2012. God saw our daddy struggling these last 100 days since he lost his wife, and our beloved mother. He was already dealing with congestive heart failure and dementia. Our Lord knew his pain and it was time to call daddy home. They raised us kids at First Pentecostal Holiness Church, and they taught us our values of knowing right and wrong. He was born October 29, 1924, to William Leroy Scroggins  & Ethel Loveda Robertson . On June 1, 1946, he married Icaphene Lucille smith . He is survived by their children: Janice Messer  Plano, TX; Anita Roden  (Bob ), Flowermound, TX; Brenda Ballard  (Ed ), Norman, OK; Rev. Lee Scroggins, Jr  (Patty [50969), MWC, OK; and Zachary Stephens , of the home. He had 13 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; one brother, Loyd Ervin ; three sisters, Vena , Irene and Margaret ; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife of 66 years and our precious mother on August 27, 2012; his parents; two brothers, Junior and Jimmy ; and two sisters, Wilma and May Gene . Daddy worked many jobs in his younger years. While working at W&W Steel, he took on a second job at Humpty Dumpty; he started out as a sacker and worked his way up to Store Manager. After many years with them, he retired, then ended up going to work for Wonder Bread until he was 78 years old. He was a 32nd degree Mason. We will miss our Dad & Mom forever. Services will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012, at 2 p.m. at Christian Life Fellowship Church, 1400 NW 12th, Moore, OK, Pastor John Walker officiating. Pallbearers will be his grandsons and great-grandsons, Ronnie, Darren, Ellis, Nathan, Zachary, Dylan, Devin and Brendan. Viewing on Monday and Tuesday at Advantage Funeral Home, 7720 S. Pennsylvania, OKC.
Published in The Oklahoman on December 4, 2012.