Robert Kirk Scroggin1
M, #39503, (c 1957 - 1994)
- Reference: [39503:m]
- Birth*: Ca. 1957.3
- (Parents, son of George Linton Scroggin Sr.).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Mrs. Danny Courson Jr.2
- Death*: 27 Mar 1994, Goshen, AL.2,3
- Marriage (Witness): 22 Jun 1974,Karen Lynn Minnix and William Thomas Scroggin, First Baptist Church, Centre, Cherokee Co, AL.
- Death of father: 27 Mar 1994, George Linton Scroggin Sr., Goshen, AL.4,3
- Obituary*: Of Robert Kirk Scroggin, 29 Mar 1994, Birmingham News, Birmingham, Jefferson Co, AL.5
Child of Robert Kirk Scroggin & Mrs. Danny Courson Jr.
- Mandy Marie Scroggin (bef. 1981? - )
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 2 Jan 2015
- [S50] Weddings & Anniversaries, Anniston Star, Anniston, AL, 21 Sep 2003
Mr. and Mrs. Danny Courson Jr. of Eufaula announce the engagement of their daughter, Mandy Marie Scroggin, to Andrew Max Peyton, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Peyton of Birmingham. The bride is also the daughter of the late Robert Kirk Scroggin.
The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. George Linton Scroggin Sr.; and the late Carl Lee Angle Sr., all formerly of Piedmont.
Miss Scroggin is a 2003 graduate of Jacksonville State University, with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. She is employed by Cooper Lighting in Eufaula.
The prospective groom is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Peyton of Tennessee; and Blanche West of Tennessee and the late Arvil Dee West.
Mr. Peyton is a graduate of Auburn University, with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. He is employed by Wolverine Tube in Decatur.
The wedding will be Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. at Goshen United Methodist Church in Piedmont.
- [S1921] Anniston Star
, Fatalities from Sunday's killer storms, 28 Mar 1994, Updated 11 Jun 2014 [2 Jan 2015]From Staff Reports
Authorities say 23 people were killed in Northeast Alabama in Sunday's storms. Names of 22 were available this morning. All but Ms. Brown and Savant were at the church in Goshen.
The victims: ...
George L. Scroggin Sr. | Semiretired, the 79-year-old Scroggin still raised cattle on his farm and was active in the church. ``He never missed church, although he couldn't hear any of the service,'' says Mrs. Scroggin, his daughter-in-law. His son, Kirk, was also killed in the tornado.
Robert Kirk Scroggin | The 37-year-old son of George Scroggin, he worked for Wayne Day Casket Co. in Centre. Had just finished singing a solo | his first ever at the church | when the tornado struck.
Eric Thacker | The 12-year-old boy was one of four children of Donna New, who was injured in the tornado. An athletic youth who was good at baseball and basketball, Eric attended Spring Garden School. ...
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggin, George Linton (16 Dec 1914 - 27 Mar 1994) [39505:M].
- [S1712] Birmingham News
, George Scroggin and Kirk Scroggin, 29 Mar 1994Birmingham News (AL) - March 29, 1994
Deceased Name: George Scroggin and Kirk Scroggin
George Scroggin , late 70s. He was a retired farmer who remained active in the church. His son, Kirk Scroggin , 37, who worked at a casket company, also was killed.
Birmingham News (AL)
Date: March 29, 1994
Record Number: 9401080853
Copyright, 1994, Birmingham News. All Rights Reserved.