F, #39522, (1926 - 2003)
- Reference: [39522:0]
- Birth*: 4 Sep 1926.2
- Marriage*: Raymond E. Scroggins.1
- Death-LstR*: 30 Jun 2003, Atlanta, Fulton Co, GA, 30328.2
- Death: Bef. 2008.1
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Jean C Scroggins," SSN: 289-24-5862, issued: OH.2
- Obituary (Deceased Wife): Of Raymond E. Scroggins, 27 Oct 2008, Holland Sentinel, Holland, MI.1
- Name Variation: Jean C. Scroggins, 39522.
- Married Name: Jean Scroggins (Cadwallader).1
Children of Jean Cadwallader & Raymond E. Scroggins
- Last Edited: 9 Apr 2016
- [S2502] Obituary: Holland Sentinel, Holland, MI, Raymond Scroggins, 27 Oct 2008.
The Holland Sentinel
Posted Oct 27, 2008 @ 05:19 PM
Holland, MI —
Raymond E. Scroggins, age 80, of Holland, died after a two year battle with cancer on Sunday, October 26, 2008, in Holland Hospital.
Born in Cincinnati, OH on March 11, 1928, Ray graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, OH, where he was active in the Chi Phi Fraternity. He later received a law degree from Chase Law School and was active in sports while in high school and college.
Ray began his banking career with Fifth Third Bank in Cincinnati. He later served as Vice President of Commercial Loans in Jackson, MI, President of American City Bank of Milwaukee, President of Lumberman's Bank of Muskegon and President of Old Kent Bank of Big Rapids. Ray left banking and started Scroggins and Associates, Inc in Atlanta, GA, a business consulting firm directed at physicians.
He was a member of Holland A. M. Rotary, Hope Academy for Senior Professionals (HASP), and an active member of Evergreen Commons.
He was preceded in death by his parents, William H. Scroggins Jr. and L. Aileen (Ellis) Scroggins, his brothers, William H. Scroggins III, Clayton Scroggins, and Roger Scroggins, and his wife, Jean Cadwallader Scroggins.
He is survived by his children, Deborah and Michael Gmitruk of Sarasota, FL, Stephen and Leslie Scroggins of Greenwich, CT, Amy and Steve Scott of Estero Beach, FL; his three granddaughters and great grandchildren; his companion, Marilyn Hulst of Holland; his sister, Mrs. T. Embury Jones of Cincinnati, OH, his sisters-in-law, Ellen Scroggins, Jeanne Scroggins, and Fran Scroggins Brown; his nephew, Jerry and Sheila Wiedemer of Cincinnati, OH; and other many nieces and nephews.
Cremation has taken place and a memorial service was held at Hospice House of Holland.
Memorial Contributions may be given to Hospice of Holland or Evergreen Commons.
Arrangements by Dykstra Life Story Funeral Homes, Inc., Northwood Chapel, www.lifestorynet.com
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.