Hobert U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins1
M, #40052, (1933 - 2008)
- Reference: [40052:0]
- Birth*: 8 Feb 1933, Spiro, OK.4,5
- (Parents, son of Ulis Virgil Scroggins & Grace Josephine Muncy).2,3
- Marriage*: Bef. 1958?, Patricia L. Bevins.6
- Marriage*: 17 Jun 1967, Luanne S. Skinner, San Pedro, CA.7,8
- Death*: 29 Sep 2008, Royal Terrace Nursing Home, Olathe, KS.1,3
- Death-LstR: 26 Sep 2008, Gardner, Johnson Co, KS, 66030.9
- Burial*: 6 Oct 2008, Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery, Leavenworth, Leavenworth Co, KS.1
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Hobert U. Scroggins," SSN.9
- Father of Bride: He, as the father of the bride, attended the wedding of Denise Lynn Scroggins and Eric M. Merriman 18 Sep 1982 Los Angeles Co, KS.
- Father of Groom: 25 Apr 1996, Darrow Thomas Scroggins and Amy Bengtson.
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of Carl J. Scroggins, 20 Jan 2004, Redlands Daily Facts, Redlands, San Bernardino Co, CA, "Carl Scroggins."10
- !Address*: 20 Jan 2004, Residence: 31320 W 173rd Ter, Gardner, Johnson Co, KS, 66030.11
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of Carl J. Scroggins, 21 Jan 2004, Press-Enterprise, Riverside, Riverside Co, CA, "Carl J. Scroggins."2
- Residence*: Ca. 2007, 31320 W 173rd Ter, Auburn, Johnson Co, KS, 66030.12
- Obituary: Of Hobert U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins, ca. 4 Oct 2008, Bruce Funeral Home, Gardner, Johnson Co, KS.13
- Obituary*: Of Hobert U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins, 4 Oct 2008, Kansas City Star, Kansas City, Jackson Co, MO.1
- Name Variation: Duke Scroggins, 40052.
- Name Variation: Hobert U. Scroggins.12
Children of Hobert U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins & Patricia L. Bevins
Child of Hobert U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins & Luanne S. Skinner
- Laura Scroggins (10 Jan 1970 - )
- Relationship: 4th great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 27 Nov 2008
- [S1718] Kansas City Star
, Hobert U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins, 4 Oct 2008.
Hobert U.V. "Duke" Scroggins
Hobert "Duke" Scroggins, 75, Gardner, Kan., passed away September 29, 2008. Visitation 10 a.m., services 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 6, First Presbyterian Church, Gardner. Burial 1:30 p.m. Monday, Leavenworth, Kan., National Cemetery. Memorials to the church. Arr.: Bruce Funeral Home (913) 856-7111.
Published in the Kansas City Star on 10/4/2008
- [S1664] Press-Enterprise
, Carl J. Scroggins, Press-Enterprise, The (Riverside, CA), 21 Jan 2004
- [S51] Obituary Bruce Funeral Home, Hobart. U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins.
- [S1944] Ancestry: U.S. Public Records Index,.
- [S51] Obituary Bruce Funeral Home, Hobart U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins.
- [S1929] CA Births (Ancestry), Name: Darrow T Scroggins
Birth Date: 18 Jul 1958
Mother's Maiden Name: Bevins
Birth County: Los Angeles.
- [S50] Bruce Funeral Home, Hobart U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins.
- [S2014] CA Marriage Index (Ancestry), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1144&enc=1, Name: Hobert U Scroggins
Est. Birth: abt 1933
Spouse Name: Luanne Skinner
Spouse Age: 24
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1943
Date: 17 Jun 1967
Location: Los Angeles City.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Hobert U. Scroggins
Last Residence: 66030 Gardner, Johnson, Kansas
Born: 8 Feb 1933
Died: 29 Sep 2008
State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951).
- [S1833] Redlands Daily Facts
, Carl Scroggins, Redlands Daily Facts, Redlands, CA, 20 Jan 2004
- [S7] Google addresses, URL: http://www.google.com, Is this the one: Hobert and Luanne Scroggins - (913) 856-8155 - 31320 W 173rd Ter, Gardner, KS 66030?
- [S1944] Ancestry: U.S. Public Records Index,.
- [S51] Obituary Bruce Funeral Home, Hobert. U. V. 'Duke' Scroggins.
Hobert U. V. “Duke” Scroggins, 75, of Gardner, KS, passed away Monday, September 29, 2008 at Royal Terrace Nursing Home in Olathe. Funeral Services will be at 11:00 am Monday, October 6, 2008 at the First Presbyterian Church in Gardner, KS, followed by a Graveside Service at 1:30 pm in Leavenworth National Cemetery, Leavenworth, KS. Visitation will begin at 10:00 am with a Masonic Service at 10:45 am before the service at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the First Presbyterian Church of Gardner, in care of Bruce Funeral Home, PO Box 192, Gardner, KS 66030, 913-856-7111. Condolences may be sent to www.brucefuneralhome.com
Duke (Sonny) was born February 8, 1933 to Ulis Virgil and Grace Josephine (Muncy) Scroggins in Spiro, OK. He grew up in California graduating from Long Beach Poly Tech High School. He was in the U.S. Air Force for four ½ years, during which time he was trained to be an x-ray technician. He was also in the Naval Reserve for two years. Duke married Luanne S. Skinner on June 17, 1967 in San Pedro, CA. Upon discharge from the Air Force, Duke worked at Long Beach Seaside Hospital where he helped design the Heart/Cath Lab. He published technical papers and they were presented at the 1965 California Conference for Technology. Later, he was employed by Drs. Bateman and Wiltse as chief tech in their orthopedic office. In the early 1990’s, Duke established his own Mobile Medical Services. He serviced 16 nursing homes in the greater Los Angeles area, doing mobile x-rays, and phlebotomy. In 1999 he moved to Gardner, Kansas to be close to their daughter Laura, husband Bill and grandchildren. He worked at the Hen House Market in the Seafood department. He was a member of the Gardner Masonic Lodge #65, the VFW and the DAV. Duke served as a Deacon at the First Presbyterian Church and was a member of the Men’s Chorus. He established many friends in the Gardner and Olathe areas. His sense of humor will be missed.
He was preceded in death by his parents Ulis Virgil Scroggins and Grace Hadrian, two brothers and two sisters. Duke is survived by his wife Luanne, of the home; son Darrow Thomas Scroggins of Burnsville, MN; daughters Denise Lynn Merriman of Fontana, CA and Laura S. Chauvin of Olathe, KS; six grandchildren, Matthew, Monica, Hillary, Hayden, Hannah and Holly; sister Lena Kurtz of Salem, OR and brother Boyd Scroggins of East Wenatchee, WA.