Ada Belle Crowson
F, #40458, (1910 - 1991)
- Reference: [40458:C]
- Birth*: 9 May 1910, Hunt Co, TX.
- Marriage*: 7 Dec 1933, Joseph Elwood Scroggins.1
- Death*: 16 Apr 1991.2
- Birth of son: 9 Sep 1934, Charles Elwood Scroggins, Pittsburg, OK.3
- Birth of daughter: 26 Feb 1941, Ruth Irene Scroggins.1
- SSN*: Bet. 1952 and 1953, Social Security "Ada B. Scroggins," SSN: 448-34-1406, issued: OK.2
- Mother of Groom: 8 Jun 1963, Charles Elwood Scroggins and Darlina Rose Brumit, Blanco, Pittsburg Co, OK.4
- Married Name: Ada Belle Scroggins (Crowson).
Children of Ada Belle Crowson & Joseph Elwood Scroggins
- Last Edited: 14 Nov 2012
- [S177] Rootsweb/Ancestry Database: Debra Cotten <e-mail address>, Cotten-Strickland-Wall-Gibson, "cottentail", 7 Apr 2004
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S1781] McAlester News-Capital
, Charles Scroggins 7 Nov 2012November 7, 2012
Charles Scroggins, 78, of McAlester
From submitted reports Submitted report
McALESTER — Charles Scroggins, 78, of McAlester, died Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Savanna First Baptist Church with the Rev. David Hall officiating. Burial will be at Savanna Cemetery. Military honors will be provided by Robert B. Thomas Veterans of Foreign Wars, No. 1098. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Bishop Funeral Service of McAlester.
Born Sept. 9, 1934, in Pittsburg, he was the son of Joseph Elwood and Ada Crowson Scroggins. He attended schools in Savanna and graduated from Savanna High School. He then attended East Central University where he received a degree in education.
He was a member of the United States Army and also the United States Air Force, serving in the Korean War. He then served in the National Guard, making his combined time in the military some 30 years.
He married Darlina Brumit on June 8, 1963, in Blanco. He taught school in Cromwell, Haileyville, Midway High School and in Canadian. He was also a preacher for the Southern Baptist Churches, serving in Edmond, Jones, Seminole, Cromwell and Indianola.
He loved high school sports which he coached during his teaching career.
Survivors include his wife, Darlina Scroggins, of the home; one son and daughter-in-law, Chuck and Vivian Scroggins, of Tulsa; one daughter, Dana Scroggins, Ravenna, Texas; and a son-in-law, David Miller, of McAlester.
Also, two sisters, Wathena and Johnny Leird, of Savanna, and Barbara and Dan Surber, of McAlester; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Thomas and Pat Scroggins, of Savanna, and Carlton and Helen Scroggins, Marysville, Calif.
And, grandchildren, Natanya Scroggins, Cameron Slead, Monica Slead, Nicholas Slead, Ryan Faught, Erika Miller and Tanner Miller, and two great-grandchildren, Krystion McCarty and Xain Brown.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, Debbie Miller, and a sister, Ruth Weeks.
Pallbearers will be Dave Miller, Danny Mahan, Ryan Faught, Walt Weeks, Chris Hackler and Carl Hackler.
Honorary pallbearers will be Jim Mouser and Rudia Haliburton.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggins, Darlina Rose (24 Jan 1938 - 10 Jan 2016) [54389:C].