Ruby A. Stanley
F, #40687, (1906 - 1994)
- Reference: [40687:J]
- Birth*: 3 Sep 1906.1
- Marriage*: 27 Dec 1924, Nathaniel Earl Scrogin.2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Aft. 1961, (Male) Semas, Implied; See Bette's obit for some children of this marriage.3
- Death-LstR*: Aug 1994, Hood River, Hood River Co, OR, 97031.1
- Birth of daughter: 20 Jan 1926, Bette Ione Scrogin, Woodland, Cowlitz Co, OR.1,2,4,3
- Census1930 (Wife): In the household of Nathaniel Earl Scrogin, Punchbowl Road, Dee Pct, Hood River Co, OR.5
- Birth of daughter: 11 Jan 1936, Shirlee Yvonne Scrogin, 119360111030000000000.6,3
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Ruby A. Semas," SSN: 543-01-5396, issued: OR.1
- Obituary (Deceased Mother): Of Bette Ione Scrogin, 8 May 2002, News-Times, Newport, Lincoln Co, OR.3
- Married Name: Ruby A. Scrogin (Stanley).
- Married Name: Ruby A. Semas (Stanley).
Children of Ruby A. Stanley & Nathaniel Earl Scrogin
Family: Ruby A. Stanley & (Male) Semas
- Last Edited: 30 Oct 2013
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S1575] Amanda Reed, Database: ":2551348."
- [S1577] Obituary: Bette Weathers (Bette Ione Scrogin), Newport News-Times, Newport, OR, 8 May 2002, A-7News-Times, Newport, OR May 8, 2002 A-7
Bette Weathers, 76, died April 21, 2002 in Newport.
She was born Jan. 20, 1926 in Woodland, Wash., to Nathaniel Earl and Ruby Amelia (Stanley) Scrogin.
She was raised, educated and spent most of her life in Hood River.
She married Charles Ira Weathers in Kelso, Wash., on Jan. 7, 1944.
She worked for Diamond Fruit Growers for 20 years as a fresh fruit picker. She and her husband purchased and operated the Westside Grocery Store from 1967 to 1980. They then retired and moved to Newport.
She enjoyed knitting and crafts, which she shared with family and charities. After her husband's death, she volunteered at the Newport Senior Center for many years, joined a pinochle club, attended weekly Bible study, and attended the First Christian Church in Newport. (Lincoln Co.)
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Charles Scott and Margaret Weathers of Hood River, grandsons Charles Edward Weathers of Hood River and Steven Ray Weathers of Stanfield; a sister, Shirlee Kerr of Hood River; and a step-brother, Phil Semas of Adelphi, Md. She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Weathers, in 1990; her younger son, Steven Douglas Weathers, in 1990; a stepsister, Nancy Semas, in March 2002; and both parents.
Graveside services were held April 30 at Idlewild Cemetery in Hood River. A memorial service will take place at the First Christian Church in Newport at 1 p.m. Saturday. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Gorge, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, the local Relay for Life, or a charity of choice in care of Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont, Hood River, Ore. 97031.
- [S1576] Jeffrey W. Bryant, Database: "bryajw2."
- [S1582] 1930 Federal Census, National Archives, T-626, Roll 1942, ED 14-4, Sheet 1B, (15 Apr 1930)
Ancestry Images Online: ORT626_1942-1040
Dwelling, 19, Family, 19, Head: Nathaniel E. Scrogin78. Scrogin, Nathaniel E., Head, m,w,30,m,26, OR, IL< IL, Laborer, Farmers ditch
79. -----, Ruby A., Wife-H, f,w,23,m,18, WA, MI, WA, Cook, Ditch laborer
80. -----< Betty I., Daughter, f,w,4-2/12.s. WA, OR, WA, None.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), JACK A KERR 20-MAY-31 690 FRANKTON RD Hood River OR 97031
SHIRLEE Y KERR 11-JAN-36 690 FRANKTON RD Hood River OR 97031.