Shirlee Yvonne Scrogin
F, #40691, (1936 - 2013)
- Reference: [40691:J] !Add more obit/burial
- Birth*: 11 Jan 1936, 119360111030000000000.1,2
- (Parents, daughter of Nathaniel Earl Scrogin & Ruby A. Stanley).
- Marriage*: 21 Aug 1955, Jack Arthur Kerr, Hood River, Hood River Co, OR.1,3,4,5
- Death*: 25 Oct 2013, Hood River, Hood River Co, OR.6
- Burial*: 4 Nov 2013, Idlewilde Cemetery (38956), Hood River, Hood River Co, OR , 45.69220, -121.52280
- Death of father: 12 Oct 1961, Nathaniel Earl Scrogin, Hood River, Hood River Co, OR.8,5
- Obituary (Surviving Sister): Of Bette Ione Scrogin, 8 May 2002, News-Times, Newport, Lincoln Co, OR.2
- Married Name: Shirlee Yvonne Kerr (Scrogin).
Children of Shirlee Yvonne Scrogin & Jack Arthur Kerr
- Relationship: 2nd cousin 5 times removed of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 22 Nov 2013
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), JACK A KERR 20-MAY-31 690 FRANKTON RD Hood River OR 97031
SHIRLEE Y KERR 11-JAN-36 690 FRANKTON RD Hood River OR 97031.
- [S1577] Obituary: Bette Weathers (Bette Ione Scrogin), Newport News-Times, Newport, OR, 8 May 2002, A-7News-Times, Newport, OR May 8, 2002 A-7
Bette Weathers, 76, died April 21, 2002 in Newport.
She was born Jan. 20, 1926 in Woodland, Wash., to Nathaniel Earl and Ruby Amelia (Stanley) Scrogin.
She was raised, educated and spent most of her life in Hood River.
She married Charles Ira Weathers in Kelso, Wash., on Jan. 7, 1944.
She worked for Diamond Fruit Growers for 20 years as a fresh fruit picker. She and her husband purchased and operated the Westside Grocery Store from 1967 to 1980. They then retired and moved to Newport.
She enjoyed knitting and crafts, which she shared with family and charities. After her husband's death, she volunteered at the Newport Senior Center for many years, joined a pinochle club, attended weekly Bible study, and attended the First Christian Church in Newport. (Lincoln Co.)
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Charles Scott and Margaret Weathers of Hood River, grandsons Charles Edward Weathers of Hood River and Steven Ray Weathers of Stanfield; a sister, Shirlee Kerr of Hood River; and a step-brother, Phil Semas of Adelphi, Md. She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Weathers, in 1990; her younger son, Steven Douglas Weathers, in 1990; a stepsister, Nancy Semas, in March 2002; and both parents.
Graveside services were held April 30 at Idlewild Cemetery in Hood River. A memorial service will take place at the First Christian Church in Newport at 1 p.m. Saturday. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Gorge, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, the local Relay for Life, or a charity of choice in care of Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont, Hood River, Ore. 97031.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S50] Jeffrey Bryant <e-mail address>, "Hood River Genealogical Information - Selected Families and Individuals from Public Records", 23 Jan 2004 [16 May 2004]
- [S1576] Jeffrey W. Bryant, Database: "bryajw2."
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scrogin, Shirlee Yvonne (Kerr) (11 Jan 1936 - 25 Oct 2013) [40691:J].
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Shirlee Yvonne Scoggins Kerr, 28 Oct 2013Shirlee Yvonne Scoggins Kerr
Birth: Jan. 11, 1935
Death: Oct. 25, 2013
Hood River County
Obituary to follow
Husband: Jack Arthur Kerr (20 May 1931- 14 October 2002)
Nathaniel E Scrogin (1898 - 1961) [40686:J]
Ruby Amelia Scrogin Stanley Semas (1906 - 1994) [40687:J]
Hood River County
Created by: charlott jones
Record added: Oct 28, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 119441848.
- [S1575] Amanda Reed, Database: ":2551348."