F, #40825, (1904 - 2004)
- Reference: [40825:K] !Add obit data
- Birth*: 25 Mar 1904, Franklin Co, MO.1
- Marriage*: 30 Apr 1960, James M. Weeks.1
- Death*: 22 Apr 2004, Eldercare Nursing Home, Alton, Madison Co, IL.1
- Burial*: 27 Apr 2004, Oakwood Cemetery (107284), Upper Alton, Madison Co, IL , 38.91560,-90.15720
- Birth of daughter: 19 Jun 1924, Ethel M. Weeks.3
- Obituary*: Of Effie Cole, 25 Apr 2004, Alton Telegraph, Alton, Madison Co, IL, "Effie C. Weeks."1
- Married Name: Effie Weeks (Cole).
Child of Effie Cole & James M. Weeks
- Ethel M. Weeks+ (19 Jun 1924 - 10 Jul 2013)
- Last Edited: 8 Jan 2015
- [S1596] Obituary: Effie Weeks, Alton (Effie Cole), Alton Telegraph, Alton, IL, 25 Apr 2004Effie C. Weeks, 100, died Thursday, April 22, 2004, at Eldercare Nursing Home in Alton.
She was born March 25, 1904, in Franklin County, Mo., to Elmer and Loretta (Bay) Cole.
She married James M. Weeks on April 30, 1960. He died June 17, 1995.
She retired in 1972 from Alton Laundry after 30 years of service.
She is survived by two daughters and a son-in-law, Juanita and Donald H. Applegate and Ethel Scroggins, all of Alton; one sister, Bernice Enos of Alton; one brother, Harold Cole of Godfrey; one grandson, Dale Steele; one granddaughter, Sharon Hooper; three great-grandchildren, Curt Steele, Tonya Hooper and Tom Hooper Jr.; other extended family; and friends.
Visitation will be noon until services at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Elias-Smith Funeral Homes and Crematory in Alton. The Rev. Leroy Smith will officiate.
Burial will be at Upper Alton Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
©The Telegraph 2004.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Effie Cole Weeks, 22 Jan 2012 [8 Jan 2015].
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Ethel M Scroggins
BORN: 19 Jun 1924
Died: 10 Jul 2013
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951).