Grace Ruth Dixon
F, #40852, (1909 - 2000)
- Reference: [40852:0]
- Birth*: 20 May 1909, Port Hope, ON, Canada.1
- Marr-Est. Date*: Paul Scroggin.1
- Death*: 27 Apr 2000.1
- Death-LstR: 27 Apr 2000, Concord, Contra Costa Co, CA, 94520.
- Burial*: Oddfellows Cemetery, Sacramento, Sacramento Co, CA.1
- Birth of son: 20 Sep 1934, Lee Paul Scroggin, San Francisco Co, CA, 119340920030000000000.2,3
- SSN*: 1961, Social Security "Grace Scroggin," SSN: 550-64-4575, issued: CA.
- !Address*: bef. 2000, Residence: 5441 Southland Pk, Sacramento, Sacramento Co, CA, 95822.
- !Address*: bef. 2000, Residence: 1201 Monument Blvd, 75, Concord, Contra Costa Co, CA, 94520 (with Jeffrey Ira Scroggin). Possible wrong people?
- Obituary*: Of Grace Ruth Dixon, aft. 27 Apr 2000, Grace R. Scroggin, ObituaryRegistry.com.1
- Married Name: Grace Ruth Scroggin (Dixon).
Children of Grace Ruth Dixon & Paul Scroggin
- Last Edited: 13 Apr 2006
- [S1598] Obituary: Grace R. Scroggin, O.B. (Grace Ruth Dixon), ObituaryRegistry.com, a 27 Apr 2000Grace R. Scroggin, O.B.
Residence Livermore, CA
Approximate Date of Death 04/27/2000
SCROGGIN, GRACE RUTH O.B. Grace Ruth Scroggin, of Livermore, passed away Thursday, April 27, 2000 after a long illness. She was 90. Grace was born on May 20, 1909, in Port Hope Ontario Canada, to John Jack Dixon and Katherine Wilson Parker. They lived in Klamath Falls, OR before moving to Galt, CA where Jack started a Dairy. Grace graduated from Galt Union High School in 1923, and moved to Sacramento to enroll at Sacto Jr. College where she spent two years. She went on to UC Berkeley where she received a Teaching degree in English, and returned to Klamath Falls, OR to teach at Henley High School. Grace met and married Paul Scroggin and started a family. They eventually moved, with their son Lee Paul, to Sacramento where Grace took a job as a clerk typist for the state of California. Grace gave birth to her second son, Jeffery Ira, and continued her career with Social Services where she became Bureau Chief for the department of social welfare. She retired in 1972 and moved to Spain. She spent most of her time traveling all over Europe, and moved back to Sacramento in 1978. Grace enjoyed traveling and playing bridge. She was a member of the American Association of University Women, the Tuesday Literary Club, a Spanish club, the League of Women Voters and various charity groups. She is survived by her sons, Lee Scroggin of Carmichael, CA and Jeff Scroggin of Concord, CA, grandchildren, Sherry Fields, Linda Amos, Debbie Krueger and Michael Scroggin and four great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her former husband, Paul. Inurnment will be at the Oddfellows Cemetery in Sacramento, CA. Memorial Gifts may be made to the Alzheimer's Association, Greater San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, CA 94322. Arrangements by Ouimet Bros. Concord Funeral Chapel. (925) 682-4242.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), LEE P SCROGGIN 20-SEP-34 4955 MARLBOROUGH WY Carmichael CA 95608
CAROLYN J SCROGGIN 23-DEC-38 4955 MARLBOROUGH WY Carmichael CA 95608.
- [S1354] CA Birth Index (VitalSearch), (see bibliography entry for column headings)
URL: http://www.vitalsearch-ca.com/gen/ca/_vitals/cabirthm.htm,Scroggin Lee 20-Sep-1934 Dixon Male San Francisco.