Marvin Lafayette Nix
M, #40936, (1910 - 2003)
- Reference: [40936:3]
- Birth*: 30 Dec 1910, Sherman, Grayson Co, TX.1
- (Parents, son of James Oscar Nix & Memphis Adell Scroggins).1
- Marriage*: 2 Apr 1931, Barbara Emelia Moore, Covington, Fountain Co, IN.1
- Death*: 26 Nov 2003, Olympic Care and Rehabilitation Center, Sequim, Clallan Co, WA.1
- Death-LstR: 26 Nov 2003, Port Angeles, Clallam Co, WA, 98362.2
- Death-LstB: 26 Nov 2003, Port Angeles, Clallam Co, WA, 98362.2
- Burial*: 1 Dec 2003, Tahoma National Cemetery, Kent, King Co, WA.1
- Death of mother: 27 Jul 1925, Memphis Adell Scroggins.
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Marvin Nix," SSN: 565-42-0771, issued: CA.2
- Death of wife: 25 Aug 2001, Barbara Emelia Moore.1
- Obituary*: Of Marvin Lafayette Nix, 27 Nov 2003, Marvin Lafayette Nix, Peninsula Daily News, Port Angeles, Clallam Co, WA.1
Children of Marvin Lafayette Nix & Barbara Emelia Moore
- Last Edited: 14 Jun 2004
- [S1604] Obituary: Marvin L. Nix (Marvin Lafayette Nix), Peninsula Daily News, Part Angeles, WA, 27 Nov 2003Subject: Obit of Marvin Lafayette Nix
Author: Wanda Rabb
Date: 10 Feb 2004 2:40 AM GMT
Peninsula Daily News
November 27, 2003
Port Angeles WA
Marvin Lafayette Nix
Dec. 30, 1910 -- Nov. 26, 2003
Port Angeles resident Marvin L. Nix died of a stroke in Olympic Care and Rehabilitation Center, Sequim, at age 92.
He was born in Sherman, Texas, to James Oscar and Memphis O'Dell (Scroggins) Nix.
He was a 30-year veteran of military service, starting with the Army Air Corps in World War II and continuing until his retirement from the Air Force at the rank of chief warrant officer.
In addition to enjoying baseball, fishing and music, Mr. Nix was an artist who worked in oil, chalk and watercolors. He completed his last painting one week before his death.
He was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion and Fairview Bible Church.
On April 2, 1931, Mr. Nix married Barbara Emelia Moore in Covington, Ind. She died Aug. 25, 2001.
He is survived by daughter Marsha Welch of Port Angeles; daughter and son-in-law Barbara and Clifford Moulton of Lancaster, Calif.; brothers and sisters-in-law Robert and Shirley Nix of Boulder City, Nev., and David and Lois Nix of Riverside, Calif.; six grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.
Services: Saturday, Nov. 29 at 1 p.m., funeral with reception following at Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles. Pastor Jack Clapp will officiate.
Monday at 1 p.m., burial will be in Tahoma National Cemetery, Kent.
Drennan-Ford Funeral Home, Port Angeles, is in charge.
Memorials: Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362.
Sign online guest book at www.drennanford.com.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.