Edith E. Scroggins1
F, #41769, (1918 - 2008)
- Father*: Zachariah Valentine 'Tine' Scroggins1 (1873 or 1875 - )
- Mother*: Amanda Keasler (1881 - 1970)
- Reference: [41769:K]
- Birth*: 1 Jun 1918, Mountain Twp, Saline Co, IL.1
- (Parents, daughter of Zachariah Valentine 'Tine' Scroggins & Amanda Keasler).1
- Marr-Est. Date*: Allen Dow Gibson.1
- Death*: 2 Feb 2008, Deaconess Hospital, Evansville, Vandenburgh Co, IN, 9:00 pm.1
- Death-LstR: 2 Feb 2008, Eldorado, Saline Co, IL, 62930.2
- Burial*: 6 Feb 2008, Lindale Memorial Gardens, Eldorado, Saline Co, IL.1
- Census1930 (Daughter): In the household of Zachariah Valentine 'Tine' Scroggins, East Eldorado Twp, Saline Co, IL, "Scroggin, Volentine."
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Edith E. Gibson (Scroggins)," SSN.2
- Residence*: 2008, Fountain View Nursing Home, Eldorado, Saline Co, IL.1
- Obituary: Of Edith E. Scroggins, 4 Feb 2008, Evansville Courier & Press, Evansville, Vandenburgh Co, IN.1
- Obituary*: Of Edith E. Gibson (Scroggins), 4 Feb 2008, Harrisburg Daily Register, Harrisburg, Saline Co, IL, 2 half-brothers & 2 nieces not entered.1
- Name Variation: Edith Scroggin.
- Married Name: Edith E. Gibson (Scroggins).1
Child of Edith E. Scroggins & Allen Dow Gibson
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandniece of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 2 Apr 2008
- [S1823] Daily Register
, Edith E. Gibson, 4 Feb 2008.
Edith E. Gibson
ELDORADO, Ill. — Edith E. (Scroggins) Gibson, 89, died Feb. 2, 2008, at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville.
Surviving is her son, Allen.
Services 11 a.m. Wednesday at Watson Funeral Home, burial in Lindale Cemetery. Visitation is 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Published in the Courier Press on 2/4/2008.
Edith E. Gibson
Published: Monday, February 4, 2008 4:40 PM CST
Edith E. Gibson, 89, a resident of Fountain View Nursing Home, Eldorado, died 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008, at Deaconess Hospital, Evansville, Ind.
Services will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2008, at Watson Funeral Home in Eldorado with the Rev. Walter Baker officiating, assisted by the Rev. Julie Alison. Burial will be in Lindale Cemetery. Visitation is 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2008, at the funeral home.
She was born June 1, 1918, in Mountain Township of Saline County to Valentine "Tine" and Amanda (Keasler) Scroggins. She married Allan Dow Gibson, who preceded her in death in November 1986.
She was a homemaker and a graduate of Eldorado Township High School Class of 1935. She assisted her husband with his trucking and grain business, Allan D. Gibson Trucking.
She is survived by a son, Allen Dale (Janet) Gibson of Eldorado; and two nieces, Jane (John Lee) Smith of Louisville, Ky. and Mary Lou (Joe) Griffin of Alton.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by two brothers, Curtis and Cecil Dodd; and a sister, Cassie Kane.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Edith E. Gibson
Last Residence: 62930 Eldorado, Saline, Illinois
Born: 1 Jun 1918
Died: 2 Feb 2008
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951 ).