F, #42823, (1915 - 2012)
- Reference: [42823:P] !Add obit mpre
- Birth*: 23 Jul 1915, Lanty, Conway Co, AR.1
- Marr-Est. Date*: Aft. Apr 1930, George Clay Scroggin (J250).2,3
- Death*: 19 Jul 2012, Morrilton, Conway Co, AR.1
- Burial*: 23 Jul 2012, Solgohachia Friendship Cemetery (53957), Solgohachia, Conway Co, AR , 35.25110,-92.67560
- Birth of son: 7 Jul 1934, James Clay Scroggin (K180).4
- Obituary*: Of Sherrill Adams, ca. 20 Jul 2012, Harris Funeral Home, Morrilton, Conway Co, AR.1
- Married Name: Sherrill Scroggin (Adams).
Child of Sherrill Adams & George Clay Scroggin (J250)
- James Clay Scroggin (K180)+ (7 Jul 1934 - Sep 1973)
- Last Edited: 27 Jul 2012
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Sherrill Lee Adams Scroggin-Edwards [21 Jul 2012]Sherrill Lee Adams Scroggin-Edwards
Birth: Jul. 23, 1915
Death: Jul. 19, 2012
Sherrill Lee Scroggin Edwards, 96, of Morrilton, Arkansas, passed away Thursday, July 19, 2012. She was born July 23, 1915, at Lanty, Arkansas, to Dr. James Shelby Adams and Emma Anna King Adams. She was a lifelong member of the First United Methodist Church, first in the Lanty Methodist Church where she gave her life to the Lord and was Baptized on September 23, 1928. After marrying and moving to Morrilton she joined the Morrilton Methodist Church, where she was a member for 55 plus years, she was active in her church and a member of the Wesleyan Sunday School class and the Audra Bashan Build, at the time of her death she was a member of the Plumerville Methodist Church.
Sherrill worked at Brown's Corner Drug, Rapan's, J.C. Penny and Sold Avon. Sherrill was very outgoing, never met a stranger, loved a good joke and had many, many wonderful friends-most preceding her in death. She was a huge fan of the Arkansas Razorback Football and Basketball teams.
She was preceded in death by her husbands George Clay Scroggin and Owen Edwards; her son, James Clay Scroggin, her parents, brothers and sisters. Mrs. Sherrill is survived by her granddaughters, Pam Scroggin Hardin (John) and Sherry McMorrough all of Morrilton, her great-grandsons, Jaime Cato of Plumerville, Nick Hardin of Oppelo, Joey Edwards of Little Rock , Matthew McMorrough of Morrilton, and Casey McMorrough of Center Ridge, great-great grandchildren, Logan Hardin, Kayne Hardin, Carson Cato, Hunter McMorrough and Addison Hardin. Special nieces, Frances Ruff, Earnestine Cabe (Buddy) and Betty Ann Robertson; and loving caregivers, Mary Trezvant and Betty Hervey.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Plummerville Methodist Church.
Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m. Monday, July 23, at Harris Chapel with Bro. Von Dell Mooney, and Bro. Keith Coker officiating. Private family burial will be at Friendship Cemetery by Harris Funeral Home of Morrilton.
Obituary courtesy Harris Funeral Home, Morrilton, Arkansas
James Shelby Adams (1854 - 1933)
George C. Scroggin (1906 - 1982)
Solgohachia Friendship Cemetery
Created by: http://www.findagrave.comg.cgi?page=mr&MRid=47103139">Kathy from Arkansas
Record added: Jul 21, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 93961712.
- [S4] Marriage information from census and other records:Not married at time of 1930 census.
- [S30] William G. Scroggins, George Scrogin (A1), URL: http://users.erols.com/scroggjm/scrogginsdata/wgs/
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.