Roxie Freela Scroggins (H228)
F, #43639, (1906 - 1985)
- Reference: [43639:J]
- Birth*: 29 Nov 1906, Fentress Co, TN.1
- (Parents, daughter of George Washington Scrogin (G174) & Hannah Clayborn).
- Marriage*: 20 Dec 1932, Ivan Jacob Choate (K124), Fentress Co, TN.
- Death*: 29 Aug 1985, Fentress Co, TN.1
- Burial*: John C. Scroggins (2434367), Riverton, Fentress Co, TN
- Death of father: 13 Jan 1918, George Washington Scrogin (G174), Fentress Co, TN.
- Birth of son: 20 Aug 1929, Kermit Ray Scroggins.3
- Death of mother: 23 Jan 1937, Hannah Clayborn, Fentress Co, TN.
- Mother of Groom: 3 Jul 1981, Kermit Ray Scroggins and Myra Jeanetta Layman, Warren Co, TN.4,5
- Married Name: Roxie Freela Choate (Scroggins).
Family: Roxie Freela Scroggins (H228) & Ivan Jacob Choate (K124)
- Relationship: 2nd cousin 4 times removed of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 14 May 2012
- [S27] WIlliam G. Scroggins, "Samuel Scrogin (D5)," Scroggins07.
- [S2360] Facebook: [22 Jan 2012].
- [S45] Social Security Death Index (Rootsweb.com), URL: http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/,.
- [S1721] Chattanoogan.com
, Myra Scroggins, 14 May 2012Tennessee
ALTAMONT Myra Jeanetta Caldwell Scroggins, 86, passed away at her home Saturday May 12, 2012.She was born in Palmer on August 28, 1925 to Werner Layman and Annie Layne Layman who preceded her in death along with her husband, Marcus Caldwell; Second husband, Kermitt Scroggins; daughter, Treva Lois Bean; granddaughter, Tonia Bean; great-great-grandson Landon Menard; sister, Odell Childers; brothers, Ralph, Hurl, Gene, and Everett Layman.She is survived by, sons Ray (Joyce) Caldwell, Larry (Lisa) Myers, and Carl Caldwell; daughters Anita (Tony) Campbell, Liz Ryder, Delta (George) Brkich and Linda (Larry) Burnett; brother, Millard (Betty) Layman; sisters, Geneva Conry, Nanetta (Ernie) Turner, Ann Underhill and Helen Sanders Borne; 17 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; 1 great-great-grandchild; a host of nieces and nephews.Funeral services will be 1 p.m. today in the funeral home chapel with Minister Dal Barrett officiating with burial to follow in the Fall Creek Cemetery.Visitation, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Layne Funeral Home, Altamont, Tenn.Online condolences, laynefuneralhome.com.
- [S2420] Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002 (Ancestry), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1169&enc=1, Name: Kermit Ray Scroggins
Spouse: Myra Jeanette Caldwell
Marriage Date: 3 Jul 1981
Marriage County: Warren.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Kermit "Ray" ScrogginsKermit "Ray" Scroggins
Birth: Aug. 20, 1928
Death: Nov. 7, 2002
Husband of Jeanetta Scroggins
PFC US ARMY KOREA
Beersheba Springs resident Kermit Ray Scroggins, 74, died Nov. 7.
A retired employee of the Powermatic foundry division after 33 years of service as a furnace operator and a member of the Baptist faith, he served his country during the Korean War in Company B 7th Calvary where he received a Korean Service medal, two Bronze Campaign Stars, an Army Occupation Medal (Japan), and a United Nations Service Medal.
The son of the late Ivan and Roxie Choate, he is survived by his wife, Myra Jeanetta Scroggins; six step-grandchildren, several grandchildren and great-grandchildren; halfbrothers, Woodrow, Harold and Haskel Choate; and sisters, Jewel Dean Duncan, Nellie Harton and Susan Thacker.
Services were held Saturday at Layne Funeral Home in Altamont with Dal Barrett officiating. Burial followed at Fall Creek Cemetery.
Layne Funeral Home of Altamont was in charge of arrangements.
Southern Standard (McMinnville, Tenn.) Nov. 10, 2002
Fall Creek Cemetery
Maintained by: James Hill
Originally Created by: Judyanne Waters
Record added: Oct 08, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 30426335.