M, #43925, (1908 - 1996)
- Reference: [43925:K] (HS:F2h5) !Add HS data
- Birth*: 3 Jan 1908.
- (Parents, son of Lee Leonard Scroggin (G157) & Cora Jane Greene).
- Birth: 3 Jan 1909, Calhoun Co, IA.2
- Birth: 30 Jan 1909.
- Marriage*: 12 Dec 1929, Pearl Esther Campbell, Calhoun Co, IA.
- Death-LstR*: 8 Jul 1996, Rockford, Winnebago Co, IL, 61109.
- Death of daughter: 20 May 1930, (Female) Scroggins F2h51, Calhoun Co, IA.2
- Birth of daughter: 20 May 1930, (Female) Scroggins F2h51, Calhoun Co, IA.2
- Birth of son: 11 May 1931, Frederick Francis Scroggins F2h52, Lake City, Calhoun Co, IA.3
- Birth of daughter: 22 Dec 1934, Joann Joyce Scroggins, Calhoun Co, IA, 119341222030000000000.4
- Birth of daughter: 17 Sep 1940, Edith Lenora Scroggins, Calhoun Co, IA.5,4
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Fred Scroggins," SSN: 349-14-7257, issued: IL.
- Father of Groom: 11 Mar 1952, Frederick Francis Scroggins F2h52 and Renae Fern Kliebe.
- Death of mother: 1954, Cora Jane Greene.6
- Father of Bride: Frederick Albert Scroggins F2h5, as the father of the bride, attended the wedding of Edith Lenora Scroggins and Kenneth Holmes 20 Sep 1958.5
- Death of father: Mar 1965, Lee Leonard Scroggin (G157).7
- Obituary (Deceased Father): Of Edith 'Midge' Holmes (Scroggins), 6 Aug 2006, Rockford Register Star, Rockford, Winnebago Co, IL, Add children & a sister in law.5
- Related* (Unknown): Relationship to Pearl Esther Campbell.
- Name Variation: Fred A. Scroggins.
- Name-HS: F2h5.
Children of Frederick Albert Scroggins F2h5 & Pearl Esther Campbell
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 14 Jun 2015
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, p. 136.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggins, Frederick Francis (11 May 1931 - 9 Dec 2014) [43927:K] [HS:F2h52].
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, p. 137.
- [S1933] Rocford Register-Star
, Edith "Midge" Holmes, 7 Aug 2006.
Paper: Rockford Register Star (IL)
Deceased: Edith 'Midge' Holmes, 65 (Rockford)
Date: August 7, 2006
EDITH 'MIDGE' HOLMES, 65 A LOVING DEVOTED WIFE, MOTHER AND FRIEND ROCKFORD - Edith "Midge" Holmes, 65, of Rockford passed away Thursday, Aug. 3, 2006, in OSF Saint Anthony Med-ical Center after a short but courageous battle with cancer. She was surrounded by her loving family. Born Sept. 17, 1940, in Iowa, the daughter of Fred and Pearl Scroggins. Loving and devoted wife of Kenneth Holmes, whom she married Sept. 20, 1958. She worked side by side for years with her husband in their business. She was his lover, partner, best friend and most of all the love of his life. Midge loved to travel and especially loved her home with a new deck and park-like setting tending to all her beautiful flowers. She was a strong, loving, caring woman and was extremely loved by her whole family. Her courage and strength was an inspiration to all who knew her. Her husband and children were her life. They will miss her terribly as will all who knew her. She was a Jehovah's Witness and a loyal and !
dedicated servant to her God for more than 43 years. Midge is lovingly survived by her husband, Ken; sons, Greg and Ken Jr.; sister, Joanne Burns; brother, Denny Scroggins; special sister-in-law, Pat (Paul Linley); many special nieces and nephews; and special friend, Greg Wissmach. Predeceased by her son, Michael; and parents, Fred and Pearl Scroggins. Service at 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 7, in Honquest Family Funeral Home & Crematory, North Mulford Chapel, 4311 N. Mulford Road, with Circuit Overseer Gary West officiating. Visitation two hours before service time Monday in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, donations to the family for a fund to be established for ovarian cancer research. For more information, visit www.honquestfh.com.
Copyright (c) Rockford Register Star. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Gannett Co., Inc. by NewsBank, inc.
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, p. 134.
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, p. 119, 134.