Noble Robert Scroggins
M, #44035, (1921 - 2005)
- Reference: [44035:H] !Add obit more***
- Birth*: 13 Nov 1921.
- (Parents, son of Noble William Scroggins & Sarah Ellizabeth McCoy).1
- Marr-Est. Date*: Lois Ruth Koshinski.
- Death*: 6 Nov 2005.
- Burial*: Aft. 6 Nov 2005, Newark Memorial Gardens, Newark, Licking Co, OH.
- Death of father: 1969, Noble William Scroggins, Shelbyville, Shelby Co, IL, 392423N0884724W.
- !Address*: bef. 2002, Residence: Noble R. Scroggins, 80 Indianhead Dr, Heath, OH, 43056.
- Obituary*: Of Noble Robert Scroggins, 8 Nov 2005, Decatur Herald & Review, Decatur, Macon Co, IL, Noble Robert Scroggins.
- Obituary*: Of Noble Robert Scroggins, 8 Nov 2005, Newark Advocate, Newark, Licking Co, OH.1
- Last Edited: 13 Aug 2007
- [S2160] Newark Advocate
, Noble Robert Scroggins, 8 Nov 2005.
Advocate, The (Newark, OH) - November 8, 2005
Deceased Name: Noble Robert Scroggins
Nov. 13, 1921-Nov. 6, 2005
A funeral service Noble Robert Scroggins, 83, of Heath, will be held at 2 p.m. Friday in Christ Lutheran Church, 732 Hebron Road, Heath, with the Rev. Kris Santiago officiating. Burial will follow in Newark Memorial Gardens, with the Licking County Veterans Alliance providing military honors.
Mr. Scroggins passed away Nov. 6, 2005, at the Selma Markowitz Care Center operated by Hospice of Central Ohio. He was born Nov. 13, 1921, in Findlay, Ill., to the late Noble W. and Sara Elizabeth (McCoy) Scroggins.
He proudly served his county during World War II in the United States Navy. He retired from Newark Air Force Base in 1984 serving for 39 years. He was a member of the Christ Lutheran Church, D.A.V., N.A.R.F.E. and a graduate of Hammond High School.
He is survived by his loving wifem Lois Ruth (Koshinski) Scroggins, whom he married on Dec. 31, 1954; son, Danny (Carolyn) Scroggins, of Madison, Ala.; daughters, Dona (John) Lyle of Newark, and Dawn (Paul) Turpin, of Bakersfield, Calif.; sister, Mary Haworth, of Augusta, Ga.; and grandchildren, Ben, Chase and Lydia Scroggins, of Madison, Ala., and Pat and Caitlin Snoor, of Newark.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers, Bud Scroggins and Keith Scroggins.
Friends may call from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Brucker and Kishler Funeral Home, 985 N. 21st. St., Newark.
Those who wish may make contributions to Hospice of Central Ohio, 2269 Cherry Valley Road, Newark, OH 43055, or Christ Lutheran Church, 732 Hebron Road, Heath, OH 43056.
To sign an online guestbook, please visit www.brucker-kishlerfuneralhome.com and click guestbook/obituary.
Advocate, The (Newark, OH)
Date: November 8, 2005
Record Number: nwk18930955
Copyright (c) The Advocate. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Gannett Co., Inc. by NewsBank, inc.