Lyonal A. Scroggins1
M, #45147, (bet. 1912 & 1913 - )
- Reference: [45147:&] !Get census data for Lionel
- Birth*: Bet. Apr 1912 and Mar 1913.3
- (Parents, son of John Ruffus Davis Scroggins & Hattie May (--?--)).2,3
- Marr-Est. Date*: Helen M. Scroggins.1
- !Census (StepSon): 1930 Stepson in the household of Burleigh S. Allison, 16 Apr 1930, Hill City Township, Graham Co, KS.3
- Birth of son: Aft. 1931?, Donald Scroggins.1
- Birth of daughter: Aft. 1931?, Phyllis Scroggins.1
- Birth of daughter: Aft. 1931?, Patricia Scroggins.1
- Birth of son: 22 Apr 1933, William David 'Billy" Scroggins.
- Birth of son: 21 Mar 1937, James Scroggins, Hill City, Graham Co, KS.4,1
- Obituary (Deceased Father): Of James Scroggins, 7 Nov 2007, Kansas City Star, Kansas City, Jackson Co, MO.1
- Name Variation: Lionel A. Scroggins.
Children of Lyonal A. Scroggins & Helen M. Scroggins
- Last Edited: 11 Jul 2009
- [S1718] Kansas City Star
, James A. Scroggins, 7 Nov 2007.
James A. Scroggins Mr. James A. Scroggins was born March 21, 1937, in Hill City Kan., to Lyonal A. and Helen M. Scroggins, who preceded him in death. He attended public schools in Kansas City, Kan. Mr. Scroggins moved to California in 1966 where he was employed in various occupations in the Sacramento area. He accepted Christ as his personal Savior at a young age and reconfirmed this belief shortly before his death. He will be remembered as a fun loving and caring man with a compassionate understanding for the disadvantaged in our society. James spent his final months hanging out with his oldest grandson, who as he said, "He's always here." He also enjoyed spending time with his great-granddaughter, Jordan. In 1955, he married Betty Jones and to this union five children were born, Renita L. Scroggins, James R. Scroggins, RosAnne D. Scroggins, Annette R. Scroggins, and Anthony R. Scroggins. Mr. Scroggins was preceded in death by his parents Lyonal and Helen Scroggins; two children, Renita and Anthony; two brothers, William and Donald; two sisters, Phyllis and Patricia. He is survived by two daughters, RosAnne and Annette; one son, James; two grandsons, Brian and Andre; one great- granddaughter, Jordan; one brother, Robert C. Scroggins; as well as a host of nephews, nieces, other relatives and friends who loved him. Graveside services will be 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at the Highland Park Cemetery 3801 State Ave., Kansas City, Kan. (913) 371-0699. Online condolences at www.highlandparkfh.com Published in the Kansas City Star on 11/7/2007.
- [S2261] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=6482&enc=1, Name: John Ruffus Davis Scroggins
Birth Date: 4 Dec 1877
- [S2729] 1930 Federal Census, National Archives, T-626, Roll 703, ED 33-6, Sheet 6B, (16Apr 1930)
Ancestry Images Online: KST626_703-0617
Dwelling, 172, Family, 178, Head: Burleigh S. AllisonName: Burleigh S Allison
Home in 1930: Hill City, Graham, Kansas
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1883
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Hattie M
Race: Negro (Black)
Age at first marriage:
Neighbors: View others on page
Burleigh S Allison 47
Hattie M Allison 49
Cortez D Scroggins 19
Lionel A Scroggins 17.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), HELEN M SCROGGINS 02-JAN-16 2911 N 79TH TER Kansas City KS 66109
JAMES - SCROGGINS 21-MAR-37 2911 N 79TH TER Kansas City KS 66109.