Hazel Marie Davis1
F, #46255, (1914 - 2008)
- Reference: [46255:C]
- Birth*: 4 Oct 1914, Page, OK.1,2
- (Parents, daughter of Jess Davis & Edna Teresa (--?--)).1
- Marr-Est. Date*: Ca. 1929, Sam Scroggins, married for 57 years.1
- Death*: 22 Feb 2008, Eureka, Humboldt Co, CA.1
- Death-LstR: 22 Feb 2008, Ukiah, Mendocino Co, CA, 95482.2
- Burial*: 29 Feb 2008, Ukiah Cemetery, Ukiah, Mendocino Co, CA.1,3
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Hazel M. Carpenter," SSN.2
- Obituary*: Of Hazel Marie Scroggins (Davis), 27 Feb 2008, Ukiah Daily Journal, Ukiah, Mendocino Co, CA, Grandchildren and greatgrandchildren not yet entered.1
- Name Variation: Hazel M. Carpenter, Appears to be the same person.2
- Married Name: Hazel Marie Scroggins (Davis).1
Child of Hazel Marie Davis & Sam Scroggins
- Connie Ray Scroggins (30 Dec 1938 - )
- Last Edited: 23 Sep 2013
- [S2217] Ukiah Daily Journal
, Hazel Marie Scroggins, 27 Feb 2008.
Hazel Marie Scroggins
Hazel Marie Scroggins was born 1914 in Page, Oklahoma, the 4th child of Jess and Edna Teresa Davis. She went to be with the Lord February 22, 2008 in Eureka, California at age 93.
She is survived by her daughter Connie Ray Trouette and her husband Paul of Eureka, grandchildren and their spouses, Jolene Marie Poovey and Mike, John C. Stayton and Holly Miller, Jacqueline K. Poovey and Tom; great grandchildren Nicholas and Chelsea Poovey, Ashleigh and Amanda Stayton.
To all her beloved grandchildren and great grandchildren she was known as Mammaw. They were the great joy of her life. She is survived by numerous loved nieces and nephews.
Hazel was predeceased by her life-partner and husband of 57 years, Sam, her parents and eight brothers and sisters.
With Sam she worked many years in ranching, the life she loved most. In her youth she was an expert horse woman and an expert shot with a pistol or rifle.
She was very proud of the work she did for the war effort during WWII. Her small size allowed her to get inside and repair the damaged bombers that came back from the war front.
She retired after 30 years from Ukiah General Hospital where she was the Supervisor for the Food Service Department.
Her family knew her as a loving, generous, tenacious and strong-willed presence in their lives.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, February 29, 2008 at 10:30 am at the Ukiah Cemetery Chapel. Visitation will be on Thursday, February 28, 2008 from 12 to 5pm at the Eversole Mortuary.
The Eversole Mortuary is in charge of arrangements.
Published in the Ukiah Daily Journal on 2/27/2008.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Hazel M. Carpenter
Last Residence: 95482 Ukiah, Mendocino, California
Born: 4 Oct 1914
Died: 22 Feb 2008
State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951 ).
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Hazel M ScrogginsHazel M Scroggins
[Suggest a correction]
Wife of Sam Scroggins
Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]
Created by: A Seeker
Record added: Aug 14, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 29010983.