Alice L. Hopcus1
- Reference:  !Add obit from blog
- Marriage*: 12 Nov 1938, Earl A. Scroggins, Paris, AR.2
- Marriage*: 12 Dec 1938, Earl A. Scroggins, Logan Co, AR.1
- Obituary (Surviving Wife): Of Earl A. Scroggins, 3 Mar 2008, Peoria Journal-Star, Peoria, Peoria Co, IL, preceded by seven sisters (6 unknown) and thre brothers.2
- Married Name: Alice L. Scroggins (Hopcus).
Children of Alice L. Hopcus & Earl A. Scroggins
- Last Edited: 11 Nov 2012
- [S70] Ancestry.com, General search results, URL: www.ancestry.com, :
Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939Name: Earl G Scroggins
Spouse: Alice Hopcus
License Date: 12 Dec 1938
Certificate Number: 16418
Volume Number: 0002.
- [S1807] Peoria Journal Star
, Earl Scroggins, 3 Mar 2008.
PEORIA - Earl A. Scroggins, 91, of Peoria died at 5:35 a.m. Sunday, March 2, 2008, at Manor Care in Peoria.
Born May 17, 1916, in Hackett, Ark., to John and Leonara Chapel Scroggins, he married Alice L. Hopcus on Nov. 12, 1938, in Paris, Ark.
She survives in Peoria along with two sons, Earl J. (Roberta) Scroggins of Dexter, Mo., and Louis (Marilyn) Scroggins of Peoria; five grandchildren, James, Timothy, Cynthia, Joseph and Thomas; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Earl was preceded in death by seven sisters and three brothers.
He worked as a tool room welder for Hyster Corporation for more than 30 years until his retirement.
He was a member of St. Philomena Catholic Church and a lifetime member of the Peoria Casting Club.
Earl loved to play music, fish, camp and work in his garden. He was also an avid Cubs fan.
A funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at his church, with Father Donald Henderson officiating. Visitation will be one hour prior to the Mass at the church. Entombment will be in Resurrection Mausoleum.
Memorials may be made to The Children's Home of Peoria.
Wright & Salmon Mortuary is in charge of arrangements.
Tributes and condolences may be submitted to www.wrightandsalmon.com.
Published in the Peoria Journal Star on 3/3/2008.