Don Leroy Scroggins1
M, #46667, (1954 - 2011)
- Reference:  !Children from obit & CA births
- Birth*: 28 Sep 1954, Kern Co, CA.3,1
- (Parents, son of Leroy N. Scroggins & (Female) Hughes).2
- Marriage*: 29 Oct 1974, Debra A. Thomas, San Luis Obispo Co, CA.4
- Death*: 31 Dec 2011.5
- Burial*: Hillcrest Memorial Park (196077), Bakersfield, Kern Co, CA , 35.38143 -118.90125
- Residence*: Bef. 2002?, and Debra A. Thomas, 932 Sterling Rd, Bakersfield, Kern Co, CA, 93308.3
- Father of Groom: 10 Jun 2003, Timothy Eric Scroggins and Jodi Leigh Allen, Clark Co, NV.
- Death of father: 16 May 2011, Leroy N. Scroggins.2
- Obituary (Witness): Of Leroy N. Scroggins, 19 May 2011, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Fort Worth, Tarrant Co, TX.2
Children of Don Leroy Scroggins & Debra A. Thomas
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 5 Mar 2012
- [S1929] CA Births (Ancestry), Name: Don Leroy Scroggins
Birth Date: 28 Sep 1954
Mother's Maiden Name: Hughes
Birth County: Kern.
- [S1710] Fort Worth Star-Telegram
, Lery Scroggins, 19 May 2011Leroy Scroggins (1934 - 2011)
Leroy Scroggins, 77, passed away Monday, May 16, 2011. Graveside service: 11 a.m. Thursday in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas. Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Tarrant Area Food Bank, where Leroy and Ruth volunteered their time. Leroy was born March 9, 1934, in Sasakwa, Okla. He served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy before retiring and moving to Texas. Leroy then worked for Bell Helicopter and also retired there. He loved the Navy where he was able to travel and see the world. He will be greatly missed by all of his family and friends. Leroy was preceded in death by his wife, Ruth. Survivors: Sons, Don Leroy Scroggins of Bakersfield, Calif., and Daniel E. Scroggins of Cedar Hill; daughter, Rita Scroggins of North Richland Hills; sister, Ruby Spears of Oklahoma; grandchildren, Tanya Peyton of Fort Worth and Timothy Scroggins and Jason Scroggins of Bakersfield, Calif.; and five great-grandchildren.
Published in Star-Telegram on May 19, 2011.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), DEBRA - SCROGGINS 27-OCT-59 932 STERLING RD Bakersfield CA 93306
DON L SCROGGINS 28-SEP-54 932 STERLING RD Bakersfield CA 93306.
- [S2014] CA Marriage Index (Ancestry), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1144&enc=1, Name: Don I Scroggins
Est. Birth: abt 1952
Spouse Name: Debra A Thomas
Spouse Age: 17
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1957
Date: 29 Oct 1974
Location: San Luis Obispo.
- [S2690] Bakersfield Californian
, http://www.bakersfield.com/news/funerals/x1797587648/…">Funeral services for Jan. 3, 2012, 2 Jan 2012Don Leroy Scroggins, 57, Bakersfield, Dec. 31. Hillcrest Memorial Park and Mortuary.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com,.
- [S1710] Fort Worth Star-Telegram
, Ruth Quintero Scroggins, 29 Apr 2009Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TX) - April 29, 2009
Deceased Name: Ruth Quintero Scroggins
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS -- Ruth Quintero Scroggins, 84, a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, passed away Monday, April 27, 2009.
Funeral: 11 a.m. Thursday in Forest Ridge Funeral Home Chapel in Hurst. Interment: Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery.
Ruth was born Jan. 3, 1925, in Fort Worth to the late Faustino and Lorenza Quintero. Ruth was genuine person who loved helping people and always loved to serve others. She volunteered many years at her church food bank. She was a caring and nurturing person who carried a very strong faith for God and whose spirit never wavered. She loved her family greatly to whom she was always loyal and put forth her kind heart.
Survivors: Husband, Leroy Scroggins; son, Daniel E. Scroggins and wife, Ingrid; daughter, Rita Scroggins; stepson, Don Leroy Scroggins; brother, Johnny Quintero; granddaughter, Tanya Peyton and husband, Rodrick; five great-grandchildren; and a host of friends and extended family members.
Forest Ridge Funeral Home
View and sign guestbook at
Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TX)
Date: April 29, 2009
Record Number: MERLIN_16982875
Copyright (c) 2009 Fort Worth Star-Telegram.