James Paul Scroggins1
M, #51426, (1943 - 2012)
- Reference: [51426:P] !Fix obis
- Birth*: 14 Jun 1943, Brighton, CO.2
- (Parents, son of James Madison Scroggins & Niva Levada Hawkins).2
- Death*: 28 Jan 2012, Houston, Harris Co, TX.3
- Death of father: 23 Feb 1982, James Madison Scroggins.
- Death of mother: 6 Oct 1988, Niva Levada Hawkins.
- Obituary*: Of James Paul Scroggins, 2 Feb 2012, Longview Daily News, Longview, Cowlitz Co, WA, Survived by 4 unnamed brothers and 2 unnamed sisters; preceded by unnamed parents, unnamed son, and 4 unnamed brothers.3
- Obituary: Of James Paul Scroggins, Niday Funeral Home, Houston, Harris Co, TX.2
- Name Variation: Paul Scroggins.4
- Relationship: 4th great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 2 Jul 2014
- [S1] Import from 2012 Deaths.
- [S50] Niday Funeral Home, Paul Scroggins, ca. 2 Feb 2012James “Paul” Scroggins won his battle with cancer and went home to be with Jesus on January 28, 2012. He was born on June 14, 1943 in Brighton, Colorado to Matt and Niva Scroggins.
Paul and his twin sister Paulette were the youngest of eleven children, nine boys and two girls. He grew up in Northern California, where he attended high school at West Coast Bible College. Following high school, Paul joined “Nancy Harmon and the Victory Voices.” He traveled the world for thirteen years singing gospel music with them. He led and directed choirs in both California and Washington. His love for music was undeniable. While traveling with the “Victory Voices,” Paul met the love of his life, Geneva, and was married August 14, 1976. Shortly after getting married, Paul and Geneva moved to Longview, Washington where they began their lives together. He worked at Saint John’s Medical Center for sixteen years and loved his job. His daughter Sarah was born in 1986 and his world changed forever. She was the joy of his life and he never failed to let her know. Paul and his family moved to Houston in 1996 to be closer to his wife’s family. While in Houston, Paul managed self-storage facilities and fell in love with the country of Romania, where his daughter served as a missionary.
Paul was an amazing husband, father, brother and friend. His smile was contagious and he never met a stranger. He was always whistling a gospel tune everywhere he went. He will be greatly missed, but his legacy lives on in the countless lives that he has touched. He has left his mark on our hearts.
Left to cherish Paul’s memory are; his loving wife of 35 years, Geneva; daughter, Sarah; mother-in-law, Alta; twin sister, Paulette and husband Robert; sister, Dorothy and husband Fred; brothers, Roland and wife Janet, Norman and wife Billie, Waymon and Noble and wife Shirley; countless nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Welcoming Paul in heaven are; his son, Matthew; father, Matt; mother, Niva; father-in-law, Carl; brother-in-law, Ronald; brothers, D.C.; M.C.; James; and Donald; countless other friends and family.
A memorial service celebrating Paul’s life will be held at 2:00pm, Saturday, February 4th, 2012 at Niday Funeral Home, 12440 Beamer Road, Houston 77089.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions would be deeply appreciated for expenses incurred during Paul’s illness. Contributions can be sent to: P.O. Box 75246 Houston, Texas 77234.
- [S2862] Longview Daily News
, James 'Paul' Scroggins, 2 Feb 2012 [Newsbank]Daily News, The (Longview, WA) - February 2, 2012
Deceased Name: James ' Paul ' Scroggins
Former Longview resident Paul Scroggins, 68, died Jan. 28, 2012, in Houston, Texas.
He is survived by his wife, Geneva Scroggins; a daughter, Sarah Scroggins; four brothers; and two sisters.
Paul was preceded in death by a son, his parents, four brothers, his father-in-law, and a brother-in-law.
Paul was an active member of the Church of God.
A memorial service is planned for 2 p.m. Saturday at Niday Funeral Home, 12440 Beamer Road, Houston, TX 75246.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions would be deeply appreciated to assist the family with medical bills incurred during Paul's illness. Contributions may be made to P.O. Box 75246, Houston, TX 77234.
Daily News, The (Longview, WA)
Date: February 2, 2012
Record Number: 589835bd9e6d8aa9a472d9a030d4b73f96de46a
Copyright © 2012 The Daily News Online, 770 11th Ave Longview, WA, All rights reserved.
- [S2360] Facebook: Paul Scroggins [30 Jul 2013].