M, #5447, (bet. 1819 & 1840? - )
- Reference: [5447:C]
- Birth*: Bet. 1819 and 1840?
- (Parents, son of Smith Scroggins Sr. & Tabitha George).
- Birth: Ca. 1832, NC or TN.2
- Marriage*: 25 Jul 1865, Nancy Richardson, Tishomingo Co, MS, 34.816667,-88.350000.2
- Census (Poss. Son): 1840 Census, Possible Son in the household of Smith Scroggins Sr., 1m<5 [William Jasper (1835-1840, prob. TN)?]
2m10-15 [Abner & Smith (1825-1830, NC or TN)?]
1m15-20 [Alexander (1820-1825, prob NC)?]
1m20-30 [W. Jesse (1810-1820, prob NC)?]
1m40-50 [Smith (1790-1800)?]
2f<5 [Mary Elizabeth (1835-1840, prob TN)?]
1f5-10 [Tabitha E. (1830-1835, prob TN)?]
1f10-15 [Leah or Sarah (1825-1830, NC or TN)?]
1f15-20 [Sarah or Leah (1820-1825, prob. NC)?]
1f30-40 [Tabitha George (1800-1810)?], Lincoln Co, TN.
- Military*: ca. 1863, Military,
32nd MS Vol. Inf., Co. A.3
- Birth of daughter: Bet. 1865 and 1870?, Nancy Scoggins.2
- Birth of son: 4 May 1867, William Scroggins, in 1870 census.2
- Census* (Head): 1870 Head of the household of Abner Scroggins, "In 1870 census for Alcorn County they had two children, William, age 3, and Nancy, age 7. Abner A is younger brother of Smith Scroggins jr and son of Smith Scroggins, sr and Tabitha George Scroggins from NC. The 1870 census has him listed as 48 which would put his birthdate around 1822. I believe the age is wrong in this census. Abner served with the 32nd MS Volunteer Infantry, Co. A, during th e civil war. ", Alcorn Co, MS.3
- Birth of son: 2 Jul 1872, John Abner Scroggins, MS.4
- Event-Misc* (Witness): Abner Scroggins was a witness when Abner Scroggins and Brenda Sue Scroggins were 15 Jun 1998.3
Children of Abner Scroggins & Nancy Richardson
- Last Edited: 13 Sep 2014
- [S63] Scroggins Forum message Brenda Scroggins Sawyer, 19 Nov 1998, #78, "Scroggins/Scoggins, Abner" at http://www.genforum.com/scroggins/
- [S50] http://www.freedom2000net.com/userpages/genealogy/Alcorn/….
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, John Abner Scroggins [13 Sep 2014].