Nina Faye Scroggins1
F, #6745, (1912 - 1980)
- Reference: [6745:C]
- Birth*: 25 Jan 1912, Sherman, Grayson Co, TX.3,2
- (Parents, daughter of Levi Dolph Scroggins & Mary Lillian Burns).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: 1910, Luther Widner.3
- Marriage: 14 Nov 1931, Edwin M. Wright.3
- Death*: 24 May 1980, Clovis, Curry Co, NM.3,4
- Burial*: Mission Garden of Memories Cemetery (38232), Clovis, Curry Co, NM , 34.40493,-103.24368
- Birth of son: 2 Apr 1933, Edwin M. Wright Jr., McAlister, NM.5
- Death of father: 9 Jun 1950, Levi Dolph Scroggins.
- Death of mother: 1 Mar 1952, Mary Lillian Burns, Melrose, Curry Co, NM.
- Obituary (Deceased Mother): Of E. M. Wright Jr., 25 Mar 2008, Clovis News Journal, Clovis, Curry Co, NM, Add family information.5
- Married Name: Nina Faye Wright (Scroggins).
- Married Name: Nina Faye Widner (Scroggins).
Child of Nina Faye Scroggins & Edwin M. Wright
- Last Edited: 4 Feb 2017
- [S1002] , Database: "Ancestry World Tree", 208140.ged.
- [S383] Terrie Ann Hopkins-Burton, Database: "RW WC: annburt."
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Nina Fay Scroggins Widner, 8 Dec 2008 [4 Feb 2017].
- [S1700] Clovis News-Journal
, E. M. Wright Jr., 25 Mar 2008, also at Steed-Todd Funeral Home.
E. M. Wright Jr.
April 2, 1933 - March 22, 2008
E.M. Wright Jr., a life long resident of the Clovis, NM area, passed away Saturday, March 22, 2008, at his home, at the age of 74 years and 11 months.
E.M. was born April 2, 1933, in McAlister, NM to Edwin and Nina Faye (Scroggins) Wright. He married Ruby Ellerd of Portales, NM on September 5, 1951.
Working as a carpenter for Taylor and Son's in Canyon TX, he became a general contractor in 1956, building homes from the early 50's to the mid 80's. He also owned and operated Wright Overhead Door Company of Clovis, NM until he retired in 1998. Since 1962, he has been a member of 16th & Pile Church of Christ.
He is survived by his wife Ruby of the home; 4 daughters, Debbie (Albert) Jackson of Clovis, NM, Deena (Dave) Reinke of Waco TX, Dalisa Wright and Shawna (James) Carter, both of Clovis, NM and 1 son Jhustan Wright of Fayettville AK; 1 sister Norma Jean Davis of Janesville, WI and 1 brother Doyce (Donna) Wright of Las Cruces NM; 7 grandchildren, Shane, Jesse, Jeremiah (Crystal), Daniel, Kirk (Melissa), Bradley, and Cessna, 5 great grandchildren, Autumn, Joshua, Rae Anne, Tiffany, and Jheffery.
He was preceded in death by his parents; 1 brother-in-law, Dick Davis; 1 sister-in-law, Mary Ann Wright and 1 grandson Jheffery Miller.
He will be missed more than words can tell.
Services will be at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 26, 2008, at 16th & Pile Church of Christ with Jim Gammon officiating. Burial will follow at Mission Garden of Memories.
Casket bearers will be Albert Jackson, James Carter, Dave Reinke, Dave Davis, Steve Davis and Kirk Lebow. Honorary casket bearers will be all his grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to 16th & Pile Church of Christ.
Arrangements are under the direction of Steed-Todd Funeral Home, 800 E. Manana, Clovis, New Mexico 88101, 575-763-5541, www.steedtodd.com.
Published in the Clovis News Journal and the Portales News-Tribune from 3/25/2008 - 3/26/2008.
[Legacy & http://www.steedtodd.com/services.asp?page=odetail&id=4547&locid=18]