M, #7923, (1864 - 1925)
- Reference: [7923:F]
- Birth*: 6 Apr 1864, Pike Co, MO, 39.350000,-91.166667.
- (Parents, son of Archibald Johnson Scroggin Sr. & Sarah Angeline Wallace).
- Death*: 30 May 1925, Pike Co, MO, 39.350000,-91.166667.2
- Burial*: Aft. 30 May 1925, Taylor Chapel Cemetery, Salt River Twp, Pike Co, MO , 39.519167,-91.170278.2,3
- Death of father: 9 Jan 1873, Archibald Johnson Scroggin Sr., Pike Co, MO, 39.350000,-91.166667.4
- Death of mother: 6 Sep 1915, Sarah Angeline Wallace, Pike Co, MO, 39.350000,-91.166667.
- Name Variation: Edward Scoggins, "Edward Scoggins" on tombstone transcription.
- Name Variation: Missouri Edmond Scoggins.
- Last Edited: 20 Sep 2004
- [S64] Message posted on Ancetry/Rootsweb message board: Subject: Re: Great Ashburn, MO. Shooting-1925
Author: Greg Myers
Date: 13 Sep 2004 8:31 AM GMT
Email: e-mail address
I decend from the Scoggins/Scroggins line.
Edmund Scoggins, the brother of my G-G-Grandfather Archibald Scroggins Sr., was shot and killed by an Hillard Early. Edmund died on May 30, 1925 and is burried in the Taylor Chapel Cemetery in Pike County, MO. I also have that he never married nor had children in my notes.
I was told by an old resident of Louisana, MO awhile back that Edmund was shot for no reason "just prestige" and that Mr. Early served ten years in prison.
I have not fully researched the shooting, but I would be very interested in any copies of news articles and/or court records on this incident.
- [S166] Taylor Chapel Cem, URL: https://sites.rootsweb.com/~mopcgs/cem-taylor-chapel.html,.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Archibald Scroggins, 12 Dec 2014 [12 Dec 2014]