Etta May Scroggins1
F, #9158, (1901 - 1985)
- Reference: [9158:C] !FaG:47470035
- Birth*: 3 Jan 1901.2,3,4,5,6
- (Parents, daughter of John A. Scroggins & Medora (Dora) Alice Todd).
- Marriage*: 27 Dec 1920, John Elbert Shugart, Eldorado, Jackson Co, OK.2,3,4,5,6
- Death*: 30 Sep 1985.
- Birth of daughter: 25 Dec 1921, Geneva Shugart, El Dorado, JAckson Co, OK.7
- Birth of daughter: 19 Apr 1927, Bobbie Jean Shugart, Eldorado, Jackson Co, OK.8
- Death of father: 21 Mar 1935, John A. Scroggins, Eldorado, Jackson Co, OK.9,10
- Birth of son: 8 Nov 1936, Melvin B. Shugart.11,12
- Death of mother: 25 Feb 1947, Medora (Dora) Alice Todd, Bowie, Montague Co, TX.
- Obituary (Deceased Mother): Of Bobbie Jean Shugart, 12 Nov 1999, News-Star, Shawnee, OK.13
- Obituary (Witness): Of Geneva Shugart, 12 Mar 2014, Plainview Daily Herald, Plainview, Hale Co, TX.7
- Married Name: Etta May Shuggart (Scroggins).
- Married Name: Etta May Shugart (Scroggins).
Children of Etta May Scroggins & John Elbert Shugart
- Last Edited: 17 Mar 2014
- [S606] Inc. Brøderbund Software, World Family Tree Vol. 2, Ed. 1, Tree #1156, Imp: Oct 26, 1998.
- [S1008] Unknown author, scr.FTW, Broderbund WFT Vol. 3, Ed. 1, Tree #2476, Imp: Aug 2, 1997.
- [S1010] Unknown author, merged.FTW, Imp: Jan 17, 1999.
- [S1012] Unknown author, newcd.FTW, Imp: 27 Oct 1998.
- [S1014] Unknown author, Old.ftw, Broderbund WFT Vol. 3, Ed. 1, Tree #2476, Imp: Aug 2, 1997.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Shugart, Geneva (McGuire) (25 Dev 1921 - 10 Mar 2014) [9181:C].
- [S51] Obituary http://www.news-star.com/stories/111299/obi_111299.shtml.
- [S50] http://www.angelfire.com/ok/okcity/Scroggins.html.
- [S177] Rootsweb/Ancestry Database: Sbeireis <e-mail address>, "sbeireis", Sheryl's Family - Unlimited, 2 Jun 2003
- [S510] Unknown author, !G 57445.ftw, Imp: Aug 5, 2000.
- [S511] Paul Murray, Database: "RW WC: trumpeteer."
- [S51] Obituary Bobbie Thornton [Note, 17 Mar 2014: Page no longer online] Bobbie Thornton
Bobbie Thornton, McLoud, died Wednesday in a Midwest City hospital. She was 72.
Mrs. Thornton was born on April 19, 1927, in Eldorado, Okla., to John Elbert and Etta Mae (Scroggins) Shugart.
She married Otis Thornton on Feb. 1, 1946, in Plainview, Texas.
She previously lived in Texas before moving to McLoud in 1966.
She was a homemaker and a member of the McLoud Church of Christ.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Otis Thornton on Nov. 3, 1991; her parents, John and Etta Mae Shugart; brother, Melvin; and sister, Netha.
Survivors include her two daughters and sons-in-law, Peggy and Frank White, Norman; Dena and Verlyn Marchbanks, Midwest City; four sons and two daughters-in-law, Richard Thornton, Dallas, Texas; Otis Wayne Thornton, Edge Ridge, Colo.; Darrell and Doris Thornton, McLoud; Joe Doyle and Kelli Thornton, Harrah; two sisters, Geneva McGuire, Plainview, Texas; Doris Williams, Shallowater, Texas; three brothers, Roy Shugart, Lubbock, Texas; John Shugart, Amarillo, Texas; Elvin Shugart, Hugo; 13 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a number of nieces, nephews, and cousins, including Vickie Kevitt.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the McLoud Church of Christ, with Wayne Price officiating.
Burial will be in Dale Cemetery, under the direction of Gaskill-Owens Funeral Chapel of Shawnee.