F, #9181, (1921 - 2014)
- Reference: [9181:C]
- Birth*: 25 Dec 1921, El Dorado, JAckson Co, OK.2
- (Parents, daughter of John Elbert Shugart & Etta May Scroggins).
- Marr-Est. Date*: 30 Oct 1937, Orval Leslie McGuire, Plainview, Hale Co, TX.2
- Death*: 10 Mar 2014, San Antonio, Bexar Co, TX.2
- Burial*: 13 Mar 2014, Plainview Cemetery (6037), Plainview (Hale County), Hale Co, TX , 34.17670
- Death of mother: 30 Sep 1985, Etta May Scroggins.
- Death of father: 19 Dec 1987, John Elbert Shugart, Plainview, Hale Co, TX.
- Obituary (Surviving Sister): Of Bobbie Jean Shugart, 12 Nov 1999, News-Star, Shawnee, OK.3
- Obituary*: Of Geneva Shugart, 12 Mar 2014, Plainview Daily Herald, Plainview, Hale Co, TX.2
- Married Name: Geneva McGuire (Shugart).
Children of Geneva Shugart & Orval Leslie McGuire
- Last Edited: 17 Mar 2014
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Shugart, Geneva (McGuire) (25 Dev 1921 - 10 Mar 2014) [9181:C].
- [S51] Obituary Bobbie Thornton [Note, 17 Mar 2014: Page no longer online] Bobbie Thornton
Bobbie Thornton, McLoud, died Wednesday in a Midwest City hospital. She was 72.
Mrs. Thornton was born on April 19, 1927, in Eldorado, Okla., to John Elbert and Etta Mae (Scroggins) Shugart.
She married Otis Thornton on Feb. 1, 1946, in Plainview, Texas.
She previously lived in Texas before moving to McLoud in 1966.
She was a homemaker and a member of the McLoud Church of Christ.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Otis Thornton on Nov. 3, 1991; her parents, John and Etta Mae Shugart; brother, Melvin; and sister, Netha.
Survivors include her two daughters and sons-in-law, Peggy and Frank White, Norman; Dena and Verlyn Marchbanks, Midwest City; four sons and two daughters-in-law, Richard Thornton, Dallas, Texas; Otis Wayne Thornton, Edge Ridge, Colo.; Darrell and Doris Thornton, McLoud; Joe Doyle and Kelli Thornton, Harrah; two sisters, Geneva McGuire, Plainview, Texas; Doris Williams, Shallowater, Texas; three brothers, Roy Shugart, Lubbock, Texas; John Shugart, Amarillo, Texas; Elvin Shugart, Hugo; 13 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a number of nieces, nephews, and cousins, including Vickie Kevitt.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the McLoud Church of Christ, with Wayne Price officiating.
Burial will be in Dale Cemetery, under the direction of Gaskill-Owens Funeral Chapel of Shawnee.