England to Virginia
I have NOT researched these families using estates, wills, deeds or other official primary documents. Instead use less reliable and often wrong information found online with possibly some library research.
Franklin and Halifax County, Virginia
View Franklin County, Virginia - West Virginia in a larger map
Click + or - to Zoom In or Out, Click on the colored pin to see the details of the location
Click and drag the hand to move the map, or click the link above to see all my ancestor locations.
My 6th great-grandparents Mary Molly AUSTIN 1723-1788 of Virginia and Jacob WEBB 1730 - after 1788 of Franklin County, Virginia.
7th great-grandparents were John AUSTIN 1701-1760 England to Halifax County, Virginia and Hannah LOVE 1702-1778 of Pittsylvania County, Virginia. Searching for Saponitown discusses Hannah Love in 2006. Some doubt about this in Austin Family Genealogy Forum
Likely son of John and Sarah Austin of Kent, England although a paper trail may be lacking.
Austin's were a prominent family in Virginia and descendant Stephen F. Austin was the namesake for Austin, Texas the capitol of the state of Texas according to Henry "Hal" Webb First Generation and Austin and Webb Families on Genealogy.com. His father Moses Austin biography on Wikipedia says these Austin's were from Connecticutt and would only be related back in England if at all.
- AUSTIN - AUSTEN DNA Project - if you have participated and connect with my data please contact me
- AUSTIN Family Association of America founded by Edith Austin Moore in 1942 is likely the best place to look
- AUSTIN Family Ancestry.com
- AUSTIN Family GenForum
- AUSTIN Family Rootsweb
- Brief History of Austin, Texas - Austin History Center
- WEBB Family from Cheska Wheatley who passed away in 2003 from breast cancer so no further details are available
If you find research that adds to, or contradicts mine, please leave a Comment on my Follis Families in the United States Facebook page, or send me an Email.
Back to top