E. O. (Edward Oscar) FALLIS
Albion, Noble County, Indiana
View Albion, Noble County, Indiana in a Larger Map
Click on the colored pin to see the details of the location
Click and Drag the Hand to Move the map
Click the link above to see all places.
My fourth cousin three times removed, Edward Oscar FALLIS, Toledo, Ohio, was an architect and a second great-grandson of George FALLIS, son of Thomas FOLLIS my first known ancestor. E. O. FALLIS is mentioned many times on the internet. He designed this 1889 Albion, Noble County, Indiana Courthouse now on the National Register of Historic Places, April 30, 1889 similar looking Williams County, Ohio Courthouse also on the National Register of Historic Places, the 1886 Paulding County, Ohio Courthouse on the National Register of Historic Places, and September 30, 1885 opened Adrian, Lenawee County, Michigan Courthouse also on the National Register of Historic Places and Valentine Theatre opened December 25, 1895 in Toledo, Ohio.
Google Maps has Street Level View meaning if you Click View In A Larger Map below the Google map you can move around after clicking the little Orange Man Icon and view photos of actual street view. There is a small X in the upper right hand corner to close Street Level View when you want to return to the map.
Back to top
E. O. FALLIS designed the Albion, Noble County, Indiana courthouse listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Additional photos are towards the bottom of the Robert Pence page. Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana has some correspondence page 13 with the architect E. O. FALLIS.
- 1886-1888 E. O. Fallis designed and built the Paulding County courthouse patterned after the Adrian, Michigan courthouse. Ohio Memory Collection has a black and white photo of the new courthouse
- Williams County, Ohio controversy surrounded the courthouse in Bryan, shown in close up fresco photos
- He sold plans for $100 in 1882 to Edgerton, Ohio for their Town Hall.
- In 1886 E. O. Fallis built the Wittenberg College Chapel in Springfield, Clark County, Ohio
Back to top
- Collinswood Art Center and photo on page 57 of Discover Ohio Architecture.
- Designed St. Paul's United Methodist Church, Madison and 13th Streets, Toledo, Ohio, the Toledo City Market, also known as City of Toledo Service Building, 237 S. Erie Street, and Valentine Theater Building, also known as Renaissance Building, 405--419 Saint Clair and 402--412 Adams.
- Courthouselover has several photos on Flickr along with other courthouses
- Kerr House Grand Rapids, Ohio
- Mr. Ligibel, director of the Historic Preservation Program at Eastern Michigan University wrote his master's thesis on Toledo architect Edward O. Fallis. A lot of his information came from the Toledo Blade newspaper. Would be nice to find a copy to see what he wrote.
- The 1890 Public Library was razed in 1950
- Toledo State Hospital with photo links.
- Valentine Theatre
- Listed as architect in Historic Asylums
- Bowling Green University biographic sketch is available
More Fallis Follis pages:
If you find research that adds to, or contradicts mine, please leave a Comment on my Follis Families in the United States Facebook page, or send me an Email.
Back to top