England to Massachusetts and possible Mayflower Descendants
My sixth great-grandparents Mercy CARY 1685/6 Rhode Island or Massachusetts and David THURSTON 1688-1759 of Massachusetts. See page 65 in the book John Cary the Plymouth Pilgrim
Mercy's parents were James CARY 1653-1706 Massachusetts to Rhode Island and Mary SHAW or STANDISH about 1652-1735/36 Massachusetts to Rhode Island. Many different researchers list her as SHAW or STANDISH. If STANDISH many claim her as a granddaughter of Myles STANDISH who came from England on the Mayflower. I will have to do a lot more research before I can accept what I have found so far.
David THURSTON's parents were Hannah CARY 1661-1718 of Massachusetts and John THURSTON 1656-1711 of Massachusetts. Hannah is an aunt to Mercy CARY, David THURSTON's wife, sister of Mercy's father James CARY above which makes Mercy CARY and David THURSTON first cousins.
James and Hannah's parents were John CARY 1610-1681 England to Massachusetts and Elizabeth GODFREY 1620-1680 of Massachusetts. See page 62 above in John Cary the Plymouth Pilgrim. His descendants in 1905 erected a monument on his homestead in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Sources and Internet Links
- John Cary the Plymouth Pilgrim - Henry Grovenor 1829 - 1905
- 1906 archive.org pdf book The John Cary Descendants
- 1907 google book The Cary Family in America by Henry Grosvenor Cary
- Origin of John CAREY family of England
- The Cary Family of England 1170-1992
- John CARY and Elizabeth GODFREY of Massachusetts
- Bridgewater Massachusetts
- CARY Family Ancestry.com
- The Cary Family in England - Henry Grovenor 1829 - 1905
- CARY Family GenForum
- CARY Family Rootsweb
- Finding Mayflower Families
- Mayflower Families
- Myles Standish
If you find research that adds to, or contradicts mine, please leave a Comment on my Follis Families in the United States Facebook page, or send me an Email.
Back to top