Allen Joseph Baker was born april 05. 1831 In North Carlonia. and died September 28, 1898 In the Pleasant Grove Community Texarkana Texas. He married Mary Jo Handley born May 20, 1862, Tennessee. and died June 15, 1917 Pleasant Grove Community Texarkana Texas. Mary Molly was the daughter of Jackson W.Handley and Rachel Ham.
Notes for Allen Joseph Baker, Served Civil War Co 32 H. Texas Dismounted Calvary. Allen Joseph was denied his pension being told that he was able to work, he was not he was ill and hardly able to move about so the family reports. Mary Molly Handley Baker received Allen Jospeh's Pension August 21, 1909.
Allen Jospeh Baker is righfully due a military marker, paper work ws filled out and reports were that a family member never submitted the paper work.
Allen Joseph Baker and Wife Mary Molly Handley are both buried at the old McCurry Baker Cemetery on hwy 559 north Texarkana Texas.
A.J. Baker was presented a Certificate 1877 by the Pleasant Grove School signed by Judge James Hubbard of Bowie County for recongition of his many years of trustee service to school.
It is found that the Handley's attended Moore's Chapel Church, know now as the Northwood Presbyterian church, located 559 North Texarkana.
Children Of Allen Joseph Baker and Mary Molly Handley are.
1.Richard Baker, born May 02, 1863, Beleived he lived and died around Allene Arkansas. Have not found a marriage Listed for him, Death date listed as Jan 05, 1895-Burial McCurry/Baker Cemetery.
2. John W Baker, born June 27, 1867 Bowie County Texas, married March 19, 1893 to Emma Smith, Legened has it that John W.Baker , burried at the McCurry/Baker Cemetery, s his wife Emma Smith Baker is reported also. unmarked graves.
3. Jesse I.Baker, born May 02, 1869. Died March 1878, Appears he was a small child at his death date about 9 years old, Burial MCcCurry/Baker Cemetery unmarked grave.
4. Joseph S. Baker, Born March 01, 1873 Bowie County, married Minnie Moores on October 17, 1893 .Death Date for Joseph S. Baker was September 15, 1894, Burial McCurry/Baker Cemetry, Death date for Minnie Moores listed as Nov 1966 Burial?
5.Dora L. Baker, born April 07, 1875 Bowie Co Texas and married Ben Smith, May 25, 1900. Ben died Feb 23,1967 Burial probably Arkansas.
6.Lula B. Baker, born Feb 21, 1877 Texarkana Bowie County Texas, died Feb 28, 1967 Cushing, Oklahoma, married Charles Christopher Dumis , born Jan 15, 1873 in Norton Ms. married May 25, 1900, burial probably Allene, Arkanas.
1.Stanley A. Dumis b April 22, 1901 Allene, Arkansas died 1911 Little River Arkansas
2 .Susie M. Dumis , born July 29, 1905, Allene Arkansas died Little River County 1955.
3.Charles Eratmus Dumis, born Feb 03. 1907 Allene Arkansas, died March 02, 1983 Texarkana Texas married Sallie Evelyn Dunham December 21, 1935 Miller County Arkansas, daughter of Joseph Dunham and Carrie Shields, born Sept 08, 1915 Washington Arkansas, Hempstead County.
4. Infant Male Dumis- born Jan 11, 1911 Bowie County Texas, burial McCurry/Baker, history per relatives
5.Lucille Moore born Jan 05, 1911 Allene Arkansas Father of child marriage Frank Moore.
7. Susan J. Baker born August 03, 1877 Bowie Co Texakana Texas, married Wayne Whitecotton. Susan J, Baker Whitecotton was the last proven person to be buried McCurry/Baker Cemtery .Susan Died November 15, 1950 unmarked grave. Family legend states that Wayne Whitecotton is also buried at McCurry/Baker Cemetery.
8. James[Jim] Baker,born May 21, 1883, Bowie Co Texarkana Texas. died September 15, 1913 Burial McCurry/Baker Cemetery
8.Charlie W Baker, Born September 14, 1886 and died September 21, 1926 Burial McCurry/Baker Cemetery, married Grace Elizabeth Downs Jne 18, 1918 Bowie Co Texas. Note: Headstone at Charlie Baker's grave is a double marker has Grace Downs Baker engraved how ever she is not buired there . Grace Downs Baker Shipp, is buried in the Downs Family Plot at Eyalu Cemterey , hwy 59 South Texarkana,Texas, Noted Grace Downs , was the daugher of William Downs And Elizebeth Craig Downs, Grace is the second wife for Barney Gibbs Shipp Sr.Their history is separated.
Children for Charlie W,Baker And Grace Downs Baker
1.Jackie Baker, died at early age buried at Mccurry/Baker Cemetery
3. Charlie Jane Baker-daughter dob? died April 2003 Burial Chaplewood Cemetery. Charlie Jane , married Georege Edward Garrett, they had several children with two infants? buried at Mccurry/Baker Cemetery, by their granfather Baker.
1.Jerry Garrett----born and died Bowie County , died of rare blood disorder, married Pattie Unknown and children were.
Children Of Jerry and Patti:
2.Glenn Garrett, married Jill Dudley
2.Twin Girls For Charlie and George Edward Garrett
1.Linda Nell, born Bowie County Texas married Wayne Turney
2.Glenda Gale, born Bowie County Texas, married Ronald Turney
Brothers married sisters
Both Girls have children however do not have that information.
SITE IN MEOMRY OF KARLA E.SHIPP SIMS
Website created and maintained by webmaster Estelle Lindsey Shipp