Egbert William Sperry
- Born: 24 May 1819, New Haven CT
- Marriage: Carolina Matilda Wilcox on 29 Aug 1842 in Hartford CT
Silversmith and plater
Events in his life were:
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Waterbury CT, listed as a spoonmaker.
- He worked from circa 1850 to 1865 as a silversmith in Hartford CT
Listed in the 1861 city directory.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Hartford CT, listed as a german silverware manufacturer.
- He was issued design patent number 2,642 on 30 Apr 1867
EGBERT W. SPERRY, OF WOLCOTTVILLE, CONNECTICUT
Design No. 2,642, dated April 30, 1867.
DESIGN FOR A KNIFE, FORK, OR SPOON-HANDLE.
TO ALL WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Be it known that I, Egbert W. Sperry, of Wolcottville, county of Litchfield, and State of Connecticut, have produced a certain new and useful Pattern or Design for Knife, Fork, or Spoon-Handle; and I do hereby declare that the same is described and represented so as to enable others skilled to make and use the same therefrom, reference being had to the drawings and letters marked thereon, which indicate like parts.
In the accompanying drawings, marked No. 1, a is a handle for knife, fork, or spoon. This handle is configurated with a bead or thread, a', and embellished with grape-foliage and cluster at each end thereof, to produce a rich and tasteful pattern or design.
What I claim, therefore, and desire to secure by Letters Patent, is
The design for a handle for knife, fork, or spoon, substantially as shown and described.
Egbert W. Sperry
N. C. Wilder
Jeremy W. Bliss
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Torrington CT, listed as a spoonmaker.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Derby CT, listed as the owner of a silvershop.
Egbert married Carolina Matilda Wilcox on 29 Aug 1842 in Hartford CT. (Carolina Matilda Wilcox was born about 1821 in Hartford CT.)