Several family groups are represented in this dataset. Some are known to be related to the North Carolina Slades based on DNA results, even though an exact paper trail link has not yet been established. Others are suspected to be related due to the close geographic proximity, even though no DNA evidence yet exists.
Several "end of line" brick wall ancestors for whom we have not yet identified their parents are listed below. Click on the names below to go to their personal page and learn more about them and their descendants. Many of them have a chart showing all of their descendants.
- Benjamin Slade b c1790 NC, living 1850 in Washington Co, NC 
- George T. Slade b 1864 NC, living 1900-1920 Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Henry Slade first known Slade in North Carolina, died c1721 Hyde Co 
- Jeremiah Slade born c 1773 NC, d 1845 Decatur County, Georgia
- Jeremiah Slade b c1795 North Carolina, lived Northampton Co, NC 
- John Frank Slade b c 1795 NC, living 1850 in Craven Co, NC died 1868 Pamlico Co, NC 
- John Forsythe Slade b 1825 Georgia, living 1880-1900 in Pike County, Mississippi 
- Joseph Oliver Slade b c1801 VA, living 1850 Northampton Co, NC 
- Joseph E. Slade b c1848 Florida, living 1880 Gadsden County, Florida
- Noah Slade b c1829, died 1862 Craven Co, North Carolina
- Samuel Slade b c1810 NC, living 1850-70 Sladesville, Hyde Co, NC 
- William H. Slade b 1819 South Carolina, removed to Clarke County, Alabama by 1850
- Jessie Slade b c1872 Mississippi, living Lamar Co, LA 1920