HARRIS, Mack "Mackie"
- Born: 1920, , , Texas, USA
- Died: 15 Aug 2011, Christus St. Frances Cabrinia Hospital, Alexandria, Rapides, Louisiana at age 91
- Buried: Alexandria Memorial Gardens, Alexandria, Rapides, Louisiana
Find a Grave ID: 75068355.
Mackie married Ann, and they divorced. He married Billie several years later.
Mackie served in some of the great battles of WWII
Noted events in his life were:
- 16 Apr 1930 he appeared as Macky, son age 9, born in TX, living with parents on the census in East Social St, Tyler, Smith County, Texas. 1
- 18 Apr 1940 he appeared as Mack Harris, son, age 19, born in Texas, completed 2 years of high school on the census in Tyler, Smith, Texas, USA. 2 East Queen Street, doesn't live on a farm, living in the same place as in 1935 Household 616
- WW II Enlistment: 23 Oct 1940. 3 4 Name: Mack Harris
Birth Year: 1920
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Texas State: Texas County or City: Smith Enlistment Date: 23 Oct 1940
Enlistment State: Texas Enlistment City: Tyler
Branch: Cavalry Branch Code: Cavalry Grade: Private Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for Alaska
Component: Regular Army (including Officers, Nurses, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men) Source: Civil Life
Education: 2 years of high school
Marital Status: Single, without dependents Height: 71 Weight: 142
- Oct 1940-Aug 1945 WW II men and women from Smith county: Pfc. Mack Harris, son of Mr. And Mrs. N. F. Harris., 5 Entered the service in Oct., 1940, trained at Ft. Clark and Ft. Sam Houston, Texas. Served with the Army in Iceland, England, Ireland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany and Austria. Discharged in Aug., 1945. Was awarded ETO Ribbon with five Battle Stars and Meritorious Service Plaque. Wounded in France, 1944.
- On 17 Aug 2011 his obituary was published in the The Town Tallk, Alexandria, Rapides, Louisiana. Mack Harris. 6 Services for Mack Harris will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, August 17, 2011, in the chapel of John Kramer & Son, with Rev. David Boothe officiating. Interment will be in Alexandria Memorial Gardens. Visitation will be held from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Tuesday, August 16, 2011 and from 8:30 a.m., Wednesday, August 17, 2011 until time of service.
Mack Harris, 91, of Alexandria, passed away in CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital.
He is preceded in death by one brother and three sisters.
Mack Harris was a veteran of W.W.II, a member of V.F.W. Post #136, a member of the American Legion Post #3, and an avid hunter and fisherman. He loved to cook, garden, and spend time with his granddaughter.
Survivors include his wife Tarvee "Billie" Harris of Alexandria; three children Edward F. Harris wife Julia of Effie, Billy Mack Harris of Wellington, Delaware, and Jeanette Louise Davila and her husband Rick of Derby, Kansas; fourteen grandchildren and thirteen great grandchildren.
Published in The Town Talk from August 16 to August 17, 2011
- Burial records-findagrave: Mack "Mackie" Harris, 1920-2011, Alexandria Memorial Gardens, Alexandria, Rapides, Louisiana. 7 Record, obituary, photo and family links added by cousin, Syble Cline Glasscock on Aug 17, 2011