RILEY, Ira Thor
- Born: 24 May 1925, Kingfisher, Kingfisher, Oklahoma, USA
- Marriage (1): SHARP, Jennie Lois on 9 Feb 1948 in El Reno, Canadian, Oklahoma, USA
- Died: 8 Aug 2006, Meno, Major, Oklahoma, USA at age 81
- Buried: Kingfisher Memorial Cemetery, Kingfisher, Oklahoma, USA
Noted events in his life were:
- 19 Apr 1930 he appeared as Ira, son, age 4 yrs. 11 Months, born in Oklahoma on the census in Kingfisher, Kingfisher, Oklahoma, USA.
- 27 Apr 1940 he appeared as Ira Ahar Riley, son age 14, born in Oklahoma on the census in Kingfisher, Kingfisher, Oklahoma, USA. 1 Family 423 They were living in the same house as in 1935.
- WW II Enlistment: He served in the Navy during WW II.
- His obituary was published in Enid News & Eagle Newspaper, Enid, Garfield, Oklahoma. IRA THOR RILEY
The funeral for Ira Thor Riley, 81, of Meno, will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Central Assembly of God Church. The Revs. Lindell Warren and Kevin Ward will officiate. Burial will be 2 p.m. in Kingfisher Memorial Cemetery. Arrange-ments are by Anderson-Burris Funeral Home and Crematory.
He was born May 24, 1925, in Kingfisher to Jesse Frank and Archie Collette Striet Riley and died Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2006, at his home in Meno.
He grew up in King-fisher, graduating from King-fisher High School. He served in the Navy during World War II.
He married Jennie Lois Sharp Feb. 9, 1948, in El Reno. He was the manager of Davidson Case Lumberyard for 11 years, manager of Meno Co-op for nine years and manager of Hydro Co-op for 12 years. He retired in 1989 and returned to Meno. He was a member of Central Assembly of God Church, Enid, and past president of Kiwanis Club.
Surviving are his wife, Lois of the home; four daughters, Lethea Heffner of Lenoir, N.C., Irla Lowe of Dallas, Joanna Slagell of Hydro, and Loretta Abercrombie of Weatherford; two sisters, Opal Cooper of Huntsville, Ala., and Ladonna Schweitzer of King-fisher; 10 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four sisters and three brothers.
- Burial records-findagrave: Ira Thor Riley, Kingfisher Memorial Cemetery, Kingfisher, Oklahoma, USA. 2
Ira married Jennie Lois SHARP on 9 Feb 1948 in El Reno, Canadian, Oklahoma, USA. (Jennie Lois SHARP was born on 8 Aug 1928 in El Reno, Canadian, Oklahoma, USA, died on 26 Mar 2009 in McAlester, Pittsburg, Oklahoma, USA and was buried in Kingfisher Cemtery, Kingfisher, Kingfisher County, Oklahoma.)