Tage Fridolf Halldin was born in Grangesburg, Dalama, Sweden on 4 December 1904. The youngest son of Thorsten Fridolf Halldin and Ida Josefina Pattersson. He had two older brothers True Frithiof Halldin and Thorsten Folke Halldin. Grangesberg Birth Records C: 3 1900-1905 p. 512 in the parish book indicates that Thorsten was a Goldsmith and also owner and salesman of bicycle store. His store was at Kungsgatan 11 in Linkoping, Sweden. Thorsten received his training as a Goldsmith from his father, Carl Erasmus Johansson Halldin.

Carl Erasmus Halldin was born by Johannes Jonsson, Miller at the City Mill at Askersund and his wife, Ingrid Eriksson was born at Wastra Wingaker. Johannes was born out of wedlock in 1798 at Linvaldstorp at Rudskoga.

Carl Erasmus Halldin was a Goldsmith in the late 19th century and his workshop is still to be seen in the Museum of Kopparberg not far away from Grängesberg. Thorsten sister, Sigrid, who lived in Kopparberg and worked in the jeweler store. This jeweler store still has the name Halldin's Guld but no family of ours is in there any longer.

Tage’s mother had Tuberculosis and died 3 April 1909 in Grangesberg, Sweden. She is buried in Grangesberg, Sweden.

After the death of his wife Ida, Thorsten moved his family to Linkoping, Ostergotland, Sweden. This is where he purchased the Bicycle store and opened his jeweler store. Their residence was above the store at Kungagatan 11, Linkoping, Sweden.

In 1919 Thorston married Nellie Kockum in Linkoping, Sweden. Nellie was the woman that the brothers would think of as their mother.

When they became of age Tage’s brother were drafted into the Swedish Army. While serving in the Army both brothers died. True Frithiof died 14 January 1927 in Boden, Norbotten Lan Alder and Thorsten Folke died 11 March 1924 in Lia, Hallands Lan, Sweden. Both brothers are buried in the Lutheran Church Cemetery Family Plot in Linkoping, Sweden

When Tage became of age he was drafted into the Swedish Navy. While debarking down a net from a ship to a landing craft he fell off the net into the landing craft and had to have a steel plate put in his head. After he recovered from this incident and with his brothers still in the Swedish Army, his father decided to send Tage to America.

This was the beginning of a new journey for Tage. He departed Sweden from the port city of Gothenburg, Sweden on 23 June 1923 on the Swedish Ship SS Drottningholm and arrived at the Port of New York on 2 July 1923 and disembarked on 3 July 1923 with $170.00. He would tell the story that they had to stay on the ship the first night and that the Swedish Sailors jumped ship and swim to the New York shore during the night.

Soon after his arrival in New York he became ill with acute appendicitis. He insisted that his father be sent for before he was operated on. His father came and after the operation his father returned to Sweden. This would be the last time he would see his father.

According to the ship manifest Tage stated that he had a cousin, Carlis Lindblad living in VanBuskirk, Wisconsin. There is no knowledge that Tage ever visited him. He had an Uncle, Harald Efraim Halldin living in Elgin, Illinois and later living in Worcester, Massachusetts. Harald left Ljusnarsbergs, Sweden on 13 Sep 1904 and went to Liverpool, England where he departed on the Passenger Ship, "The SS Carpathia", for America on 20 Sep 1904 and arrived at Ellis Island at the Port of New York on 30 Sep.1904. Ship manifest list Harald occupation as a Jeweler, age 23 and he was going to Evanston, Illinois. Ship's Passenger Manifest shows Harald's surname spelling as "HALLDUD". This is incorrect and it should have been "HALLDIN". Ship Manifest Line Number; 0007. Draft Registration 12 Sep 1918, Worcester, Massachusetts. He also had a cousin, David Halldin living in Worchester, Massachusetts. Draft Registration 12 September 1918. Immigrated to America; Port of Departure; Liverpool, England on 19 Sep 1902; Arrived 29 Sep. 1902, at Port of New York. On Ship “Celtic”. Age 18, Single. Under the Name of David Johanson.

His brother’s son Lennart lived in Linkoping, Sweden with his wife Helena and daughter Kerstin and his stepmother Nellie lived in a Castle that had been turned into a retirement community not far from Linkoping. Thorsten died 7 November 1933 and Nellie died 6 April 1973. Lennart died 11 January 1990. All are buried in the Lutheran Church Cemetery Family Plot. Helena and Kerstin still live in Linkoping.

At some point after Tage arrived in America he changed his name to Edward Jack Holden, so from this point on I well refer to him as Edward Holden.

After he was released from Ellis Island he went to work at Coney Island Amusement Park in Brooklyn, New York, where he played the Accordion for the Hootchy-Kootch Show.[A cooch dancer is a female who performed exhibition dances with sinuous hip movements or for a better description it was sometimes referred to as Belly-Dancing or Burlesque.]

He was a competent pianist and proficient in several languages.

He left New York and traveled on the Carnival Circuit during the spring and summer months and worked in the coal mines of Pennsylvania in the winter months. Later he decided that working in the coal mines was not his thing, he would winter in Florida with the Carnival or Circus. With him traveling so much he listed his address in care of The Billboard in Cincinnati, Ohio. He lists his occupation as show business and was employed by Biones Brothers Shows of Birmingham, Alabama. He was a member of Show Men’s League of America. At one time he was a member of the Cowboy movie star Tom Mix Western Show and Circus. It is said that he may have appeared in some of Tom Mix cowboy movies. After Tom Mix died in an auto accident he traveled with The Clyde Betty Circus, Ringling Brothers Circus, Barnaby-Bailey Circus and various Carnivals.

In the Fall of 1934 the carnival that he was traveling with made a stop in Trumann, Arkansas. Here he met his future wife Elsie Rhuehiem Manry, daughter of Samuel Elmer Manry and Mandy Jones, and they were married 20 October 1934 in Trumann, Arkansas. Elsie died in an auto accident 6 June 1947 and Edward died of heart failure 30 September 1969. Elsie and Edward are buried in the family plot at Nettleton Cemetery, Jonesboro, Craighead County, Arkansas.

This was my Father and Mother.


Oscar William Harvey was born in Gravel Hill, Cleburne County, Arkansas on 13 December 1903. Sixth child of Charley William Harvey and Harriett Elizabeth Parker. In his early life Oscar had a band and they would perform at social evants, saloons and honky-tonks which were considered cheap, disreputable, noisy nightclubs. After his wild days were over he became a Farmer, Church Deacon and Preacher of the Gospel. He trained his two oldest daughters, Bernadine and Udell, to sing and he formed a Trio and they would sing at Church Socials and other Social events. In later years he owned a combination gas station and grocery store in Trumann, Arkansas and he was a skilled carpenter. He married Beatrice Adline Morris, daughter of Joseph Morris and Carrie Jane Wall, in Judsonia, White County, Arkansas on 22 December 1928. Oscar and Beatrice had 11 children. Oscar died 22 September 1982 and Beatrice died 1 April 2002 and they are buried at Oakland Cemetery, Jackson County, Arkansas.

These are my wife Norma's Father and Mother.


Charley was born in Carmi, White County, Illinios in June 1863. He was the fifth child born to George Washington Harvey and Nancy Ann Miller. His father enlisted in Carmi, White County, Illinois 18 Aug 1862. Assigned to Company H, 48th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (Civil War). Charley is enumerated on the 1870 White County, Illinois Census with his parents age 7. He is enumerated on the 1880 White County, Illinois census with his widowed mother, age 17. His father died 12 Dec 1877. His mother died 24 November 1880. He moved to White County, Arkansas with the Parker's and his furture wife Harriett Parker before 17 July 1887.

Charley was a farmer and traveling Minister of the Church of Christ. He married Harriett Elizabeth Parker in Newport, Jackson County, Arkansas on 17 July 1887. They had nine children.

This was Oscar William's Father and Mother.


Harriett Elizabeth Parker was born in Peru, Chautauqua County, Kansas on 16 October 1867. The daughter of Henry B. Parker and Nancy J. Holeman.

It has been said by some Harvey family members that Harriett was a descendant of the Comanche War Chief and last Chief of the Comanche Indian Nation, Quanah Parker whose mother was a white woman named Cynitha Ann (Naudah) Parker, who was taken captive by the Comanches during a raid on 19 May 1836 at Parker's Fort, Anderson County, Texas. Cynitha was nine years old when she was taken captive. She was born in 1827 in Crawford, Illinios. About 1840 she became the wife of Comanche Chief Peta Nocona. Harriett was not even remotely related to either Cynitha or Quanah Parker.

Her father Henry B. Parker was born July 1837 in Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan, He was the son of David Parker and Abigail Burrows and her mother Nancy J. Holeman was born 1 June 1841 in Adams County, Illinios. She was the daughter of Aaron Holeman and Naomi McGrew. Henry B. Parker and Nancy J. Holeman were married on 9 March 1864 in Linn County, Iowa.

Henry B. Parker enlisted on 27 Dec 1862 at age 24 and was assigned as a Sergeant in the Union Army, Company "K" 2nd Cavalry Regiment Nebraska on 22 Jan 1863. Mustered out on 23 Dec 1863 and listed his residence in Elkhorn City, Nebraska

The raid had taken place in 1836 in Texas, So the dates and timelines do not support Harriett being a descendant of Quanah Parker who was born about 1844-1850 in the Comanche Nation of Texas.

In 1882 Harriett moved from Kansas to Richland County, Illinois with her parents Henry B. and Nancy J.Parker. This is where Harriett first meet Charley William Harvey. Charley moved to White County, Arkansas with Harriett and her family and they were married 17 July 1887 in Newport, Jackson County, Arkansas.

Harriett was Oscar William Harvey Mother


The earliest known Morriss ancestor in this family line traces back to Duncan S. Morriss born in 1804 in North Carolina. He married Elizabeth Bennett in 1830 in Madison County, Alabama. Stephen Douglas Morris was the third of eight children born to Stephen and Elizabeth. Stephen Douglas was born in Fayette County, Alabama. He moved to St. Charles in Arkansas County, Arkansas with his father. Stephen joined Company E 18th Arkansas Infantry of the Confederate Army February 24 1862 in Dewitt, Arkansas. He was captured at Port Hudson, Louisiana 9 July 1863 and was paroled 12 July 1863. He married Lydie M. Smith. They had ten children. Josiah (Joseph) Jackson was the fifth child of Joseph and Lydia. Josiah was born in Arkansas County, Arkansas on 18 January 1870. He moved to Judsonia, White County, Arkansas with his mother. Joseph owned and operated a boat dock named "Joe Morris Landing" on the Little Red River near Jodsonia. He had a apple and peach orchard and he would take his fruit to Judsonia and Searcy and sell it. When the Grist-Mill open near Kensett Joe worked there. In later years Joe is remembered as a little man with white hair and using a walking stick. He married Carrie Jane Wall in Judsonia, White County, Arkansas on 28 May 1894. They had six children. Beatrice Adline Morris was the youngest of these children.


The earliest known ancestor in this family line traces back to John Wall born in Wike County, North Carolina in 1773. John and his wife, Mary had seven children. Burell Wall was the oldest child of John and Mary. He was born in Wake County, North Carolina in 1802. Burrell and Nancy were married in Tennessee and they had eleven children. Alexander Wall was the youngest of their children. He was born in Henry County, Tennessee and moved to White County Arkansas with his family. He married Porcia Francis Hoofman in Searcy, White County, Arkansas on 1 August 1872. Alex and Carrie had nine children. Carrie Jane was the second born child of Alex and Porcia. Carrie married Josiah (Joseph) Jackson Morris.


Edward was born in Charles County, Maryland in 1790. Edward's parents were Richard Mannery and Mary Edwards. It is believe that his given name was taken from his mothers surname of Edwards.

Richard Mannery is in the Charles County Census 1800, List three males under age 10, two females age 10-16. Richard with his wife Mary and children moved to Georgia after 1800. Richard died circa Oct 1807. Richard Mannery is in Elbert County, Georgia in 1802 and in 1803 selling a slave. Richard is listed in the Wilkes County, Georgia Tax List of 1805.

The first documented records that I have found of Edward (under the name spelling of Edward Madrey) is in the Georgia Land Lottery in Burke County, Georgia on 2 October 1805 where he was a winner of the drawing of land in District 4 Lot 191 in Wilkerson County, Georgia. The next record was Georgia tax records that indicate he paid taxes in Madison County, Georgia in 1817.

In January 1818 the call went out for volunteers to fill the ranks of the Georgia Milita quota. No volunteers answered so they had to resort to conscription. Edward was drafted on 5 February 1818. He was assigned to Captain Joseph Watter's company of infantry of the 2nd Georgia Militia Regiment under the command of Colonel John E. Little. The regiment was promptly sent to Camp Experience, the rendezvous point for the Georgia Militia outside of Hartford, Georgia. They arrived on 14 February 1818 and were placed under the command of General Andrew Jackson and fought in what was to be known as "The First Seminole War of 1817-1818". He was discharged on 5 May 1818.

Two years after he returned he married Elizabeth Upshaw in Madison County, Georgia on 20 August 1820. They had twelve children. Soon after their fifth child, Richard was born in 1829 they moved to Tennessee near the Cherokee National Forest in what was known as Cantrell's Crossroads in McMinn County, Tennessee later to be named Etowah, McMinn County, Tennessee. Edward is listed on the McMinn County Tennessee Tax Rolls for 1830, 1831, 1832 And 1836. He farmed there until after August 1860. After August 1860 Edward and Elizabeth with two of their daughters moved to Wright County, Missouri, where two of his sons William Foster and John Edward had moved earlier. Edward died circa to 1870 and Elizabeth died circa 1865 in Angos, Fulton County, Arkansas. Edward and Elizabeth are buried in the Manry Cemetery in Angos, Fulton County, Arkansas.


John Edward Manry was the third child born to Edward and Elizabeth. He was born in Madison County, Georgia in August 1825 and moved from Madison County, Georgia to McMinn County, Tennessee with his parents in 1829.

John moved his family from McMinn County, Tennessee about 1856 to Wright County, Missouri. He entered 240 acres in 1857 in Wright County and was living near Hartville, Wright County, Missouri in August 1860 near his older brother William Foster Manary.

John first married Lucy Ann Floyd in McMinn County, Tennessee, daughter of Johnatan and Zine Floyd, on 30 October 1845 in McMinn County, Tennessee. They had seven children. Lucy Ann died 9 August 1875 in Agnos, Fulton County, Arkansas. He second married Mararget McGuire in Agnos, Fulton County, Arkansas in 1876 and she died in May 1880 in Agnos, Fulton County, Arkansas. They had no children. He third married Pherby Ann Elizabeth Pulley, daughter of Jesse Pery Pulley and Mary Susan Rasco, in Fulton County, Arkansas in June 1880. They had four children. Pherby Ann Elizabeth died 8 December 1884 in Agnos, Fulton County, Arkansas. His fourth marriage was to Ida L. Elliott Dungy, daughter of David M. and Sarah Ann Elliott and widow of James Dungy, in Fulton County, Arkansas in 1886. They had one child, Samuel Elmer Manry. Ida L.Elliott Dungy Manry Birch died 28 September 1931.

John and his brother Richard served in the Union and the Confederate Army.

John and his oldest son Thomas enlisted 20 August 1863 and his brother Richard had enlisted on 31 July 1863 in Hartsville, Missouri in the Union Army and all three were assigned to Company "K", 11th Missouri Regiment Cavalry Volunteers. They were mustered on 8 September 1863 at Benton Barracks in Missouri.

On 18 October 1863, while at Benton Barracks, Richard deserted and flee to Fulton County, Arkansas.

John and his son Thomas were stationed at Rolla, Philips County, Missouri. John had been ordered to Springfield, Missouri and upon his return he learned that his son had died. Thomas was ill and died in the post hospital on 22 November 1863. Before John had returned from Springfield it is believed that Terrill Young carried Thomas body back to Wight County, Missouri to be buried. Terrell Young was married to John's sister. Soon after the death of his son, John's Company was enroute from Rolla, Missouri to Batesville, Arkansas and John decided to quit and go home. He never returned to his Company and was declared a desertor from the Union Army on 10 December 1863.

John, his son Thomas and brother Richard all enlisted, in the Union Army under the surname of Mauery and his son under the given name of Ahas.

John enlisted in the Confederate Army on 28 January 1864 in Wright County, Missouri with Fristoe's Regiment, Missouri Cavalry, Company C. His brother Richard had enlisted in the same Regiment and Company earlier in January 1864 in Fulton County, Arkansas. Their Regiment surrendered 11 May 1865 and John and his brother Richard were POW'S at Jacksonport, Arkansas in Jackson County, and they was paroled 5 June 1865. John's military records describe him as having blue eyes, dark hair, dark complexion, 5 feet 7 inches.

After the Civil War John returned home and in 1873 his brother Richard and his family moved to Texas. Richard died in Denton County, Texas on 12 June 1890.

John moved to Agnos, Fulton County, Arkansas, where his father, Edward and his son Edward Foster Manry were living and where he purchased land near Agnos and begin farming. John is listed on the 1867 Fulton County, Arkansas tax records. John returned to Wright County, Missouri 20 October 1877 and sold his land near Big Piney Forest. He is listed on the 1880 census in Fulton County, Arkansas as a widower. John returned to Wright County Missouri in 1890 to visit his sister Elizabeth. He is listed in the Pleasant Ridge Twp, Fulton County, Arkansas Record of Voters in 1893. He is listed in the Fulton County 1900 census with his fourth wife Ida and four children.

On 27 June 1890 Congrass passed the Pension Act of the Civil War. John decided to file a claim on his son, Thomas (Ahas) service during the Civil War. In November 1890, John filed for a pension as the dependent father of Thomas (Ahas) Manery and his claim was denied. John would spend the next Eight years trying to collect on the pension, but each time he filed a claim it would be denied.

John died January 1901 and is buried in the Manry Cemetery in Agnos, Fulton County, Arkansas. John's first three wives are buried in the Manry Cementery and his fourth wife is buried in the Shady Grove Cementery in the Viola Community of Fulton County.

This was Samuel Elmer Manry Father.


Ida was born in Limestone County, Alabama on 14 February 1860. She was the daughter of David M. and Sarah R. Elliott. Ida first married Thomas Dungy in Limestone County, Alabama in 1877-1878. They had at least two children. She second married John Edward Manry in Fulton County, Arkansas in 1886. She third married James A. Birch in Fulton County, Arkansas on 23 May 1902. Ida died 28 September 1931 in Viola, Fulton County, Arkansas and is buried in the Shady Grove Cemetery in the Shady Grove Community. Fulton County, Arkansas. Before the Civil War her family owned and farmed over 1000 acres of land in Limestone County, Alabama. She was married to John Edward Manry for 14 years.

This was Samuel Elmer Manry Mother.


Samuel was born in Fulton County, Arkansas on 6 March 1892 and was the only child of John Edward Manry and Ida L. Elliott-Dungy.

He is listed in the 1900 Fulton County, Arkansas Census living with his father and mother. In 1910 Fulton County Census Sam is working as a farm hand for James M. Short in Fulton County. He moved to Missouri for awhile and then returned to Fulton County, Arkansas.

He moved to Lake City, Craighead County, Arkansas were he was working on a farm when he met Mandy Evaline Jones, adopted daughter of Marshall A. Jones and Emma Ruth Spillman-Reed, in Lundsford, Craighead County, Arkansas.

They were married on 3 December 1916, in Lundsford, Craighead County, Arkansas and they had seven children. Their first two Elsie Ruhemheim and Ernest Talmadge were born in Lundsford and all the rest of the children were born in Trumann, Poinsett County, Arkansas. Their names were Alvin Earl, Edna Mae, Floyd Elmer, Calvin E. and Etter Leona.

After the birth of their second child they moved to Trumann, Poinsett County, Arkansas where Sam was working for The Poinsett Lumber and Maufacturing Company, a subsidiary of Singer Maufacturing Company. He worked there until 1956 when he became ill and was retired from the plant.

Sam is listed on the Trumann, Poinsett County Census of 1920 and 1930. His registration card indicated that he registerd for the the draft 25 April 1942, age 50, in Poinsett County, Arkansas.

If you ask him where his ancestors came from he would answer by telling you that his Mother's ancestors were English descendants and his Father's ancestors were from Ireland and that they were from Irish ancestors known as "The Black Irish". There isn't much known about the Black Irish, but according to one legend the "Black Irish" are the descendants of the ill-fated Spanish Sailors who sailed with the Spanish Armada from Spain to invade England, but were ultimately shipwrecked on the northern and western shores of Ireland in the Autumn of 1588 and inter-married with the Irish women. There are the believers and non-believers of the existence of the Black Irish. There is very little written evidence of their existence, but there are many accounts of the descendants of the Black Irish telling the stories of their ancestors and their Black Irish heritage. My Grandfather was one of these descentants.

Sam died 2 November 1960, after being ill for several years and is buried in the family plot at the Nettleton Cemetery, Jonesboro, Arkansas.

This was my Grandfather.

~Native American~Cherokee Nation~

Mandy was born in Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon on 19 April 1894. The daughter of Native Americans of Cherokee Indian Nation. She was the adopted daughter of Marchel A. Jones and Emma Ruth Spillman-Reed of Craighead County, Arkansas.

Her Cherkoee father was born in Oregon and her Cherkoee mother was born on an indian reservation in the state of Washington.

In 1896 when she was two years old her mother died while giving birth to her baby brother. The infant died at birth and in 1910 at the age of 16 her father became ill with Pneumonia and died. Since she was 16 at the time, she was considered an Ophan and was placed for adoption.

Marchel A. Jones of Lundsford, Craighead County, Arkansas adopted her and sent two of his stepson to Portland, Oregon in 1910 to get her and returned to Lundsford, Arkansas with her.

Her adopted father Marshall is enumerated on 1860 Craighead County, Arkansas Census with his Parents, Elijah and Evaline Jones and Siblings, age 2. He is enumerated on 1870 Craighead County, Census with Parents and Siblings, age 13. Marshall is enumerated on 1880 Big Rock Twp., Pulaski County, Arkansas Census, 2 Jun in Arkansas State Penitentiary as Prisoner-Inmate Laborer, Married, age 22. He was in prison for Larceny [Theft]. He was tried in Jackson County, Arkansas and sentenced to [5} five years. He went to prison 24 March 1879 and was released 22 March 1884. First married to Mrs. M. V. Jones prior to March 1879 and divorced 26 November 1884 at Jonesboro, Craighead County, Arkansas. Ref. Chancery Court, Bk.1 pg. 225. Marshall is enumerated on 1910 Craighead County, Arkansas Census with wife Emma and Children, age 52. Marshall was age 44 and Emma was age 32 when they were married, Ref. Marriage Certificate, Lake City, Craighead County, Arkansas, dated 3 Nov. 1901. He died after 1912 and before 7 Feb 1920.

Mandy's adopted mother Emma is enumerated on 1870 and 1880 Cherokee County, Alabama Census, Blue Pond with parents, John L. and Sarah E. Spillman and siblings. Enumerated on 1900 Craighead County, Arkansas Census Greenfield Twp., age 32 with first husband Joseph Reed and their children. Census shows Emma as Mother of 6 children with 4 living. Divorced after 9 Jun 1900. Enumerated on 1910 Craighead County, Arkansas Census, Maumelle Twp., age 40, with her second husband Marshall Jones and their children and her children from first marriage, and their adopted daughter Mandy and the census shows Emma as mother of 12 childen with 6 living. Enumerated on 1920 Craighead County, Arkansas Census, Black Oak Twp., age 52 with her children and Divorced/Widow. Enumerated on 1930 Craighead County, Arkansas Census. Black Oak Twp., age 62 with her children. She died 30 April 1950 in Black Oak, Craighead County, Arkansas.

Mandy's Cherokee name in Cherokee phonetics is (i-nv-i-ga-ti   u-la-ni-gi-da   tlu-gv) which in english translates to (Tall Strong Tree). The english phonetics in Cherokee for Tall is ee-nuh-ee-gah-tee, for Strong is ooh-la-knee-gee-dah and for Tree is tloo-guh.

The middle names of her first two born children Elsie "Ruhemheim" and Ernest "Talmadge" may be the names of her maternal father and mother or have another connection to her Indian heritage.

She married Samuel Elmer Manry 3 December 1916 in Lundsford, Arkansas. They had seven children.

Mandy died 18 November 1970 and is buried in the family plot at the Nettleton Cemetery in Jonesboro, Craighead County, Arkansas.

This was my Grandmother.