The Tancook Island Baptist Church was organized of members dismissed from the Baptist Church in Chester in 1855 and constituted the 25th day of May of the same year -- membering 29 names as follows:
|George A. Baker
|Mary Ann Hutt
|Mrs. Jacob Baker
|Mrs. W. Pearl
The above arrangement was effected with the advice and assistance of Rev. S.W. DeBlois Deacons John Melven, Martin Hutt and John Bazanson, of Chester. The above council met and deemed it precedent to proceed at once to organize the Church.
Rev. S.W. DeBlois preached and gave the Church the right-hand of fellowship. The Church chose for their Decons Fr. Slaugenwhite and Casper Young who were duly ordained to office by the Rev. S.W. DeBlois.
The original building stood on the same spot as today's building.
The first coal furnace was installed in November 1927 with a central register in both aisles.
In 1928 Rev. H.W. Hill erected the choir loft and the spire.
The bell was put in the spire in the same year.
The first oil furnace was installed in 1966.
All the pews were privately owned by the elders of the church.
The first Parsonage was located on Stevens Hill in Northwest Cove and burned down in November of 1929.
The Parsonage that is still being used today was built on land donated by Warren Pearl Sr. In the fall of 1946 the cellar was built and in 1947 the rest was built by Carl Langille and William Hutt.
Services are held every Sunday evening at 7:30.