Creek Indian Records
A collection of records and links for those researching their Creek - Muskogee Indian ancestors.
|Last updated 2 Oct. 2020. What's new or upcoming! Contact-Email Search tips|
General Creek and other tribes:
• BIA Inventory (Oklahoma area)
• BIA Inventory (Wash., D.C. area)
• National Archives Microfilm - Indian Rolls
• Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs & BIA
• Creek Nation Tribal Records
• Creek Nation, OK - tribal town map
(no date, some names clarified)
• Search the Dawes databases - 1899-1907+
• Creek "Enrollment Cases" Index - 1899-1907+
• Creek "Memorandums" & Creeks "Not Entitled" - 1899-1907+
Census & Pay Rolls:
• Creek Nation Census Rolls - List.
• 1832 Creek Nation Census - Alabama
• 1857 Creek Pay Roll @ Ancestry
• 1858 Creek Pay Rolls @ Ancestry
• 1859 Creek Pay Rolls @ Ancestry
• 1860 Creek Nation Census - Oklahoma (free & slave owners)
• 1867 Creek Nation Census - Started Aug. 25, 2013.
• 1860 Census & 1867 Census of the 1832 Creek Orphans
• 1870 Payroll & 1883 Payroll to the 1832 Creek Orphans
• 1882 Creek Nation Census
• 1890 Creek Nation Census - Authenticated Roll Aug 25, 2013.
• 1843 Creek Census - summary only.
• Emigration Records - Emigration rolls and letters
• 1857 "Old Settlers" Roll
• 1870-71 "Self-Emigrant" roll
• 1886 Stidham Roll of "Self-Emigrants"
• Special File 207 - Index to claims of property lost and services rendered during the Creek Emigration, 1827-38. [LDS]
• Special File 285 - Creek Self-emigration claims (Stidham roll).
War related records:
• Creek Indians who served in the "Indian Wars" - 1817-1840s.
• A list of heirs of Creek soldiers who died during the Seminole War, 1836-7.
• Bounty Land - A list of some Creek Indians who applied for Bounty Land for service in various Indian Wars.
• 1st Regiment Indian Home Guards - Civil War
• 1863 Refugee Creek Indian Census
• 1870 Loyal Creek Abstract
Miscellaneous records:• Reserves: A few records regarding Creek Indian reserves in Alabama and Oklahoma.
• A few records of white traders, citizens, and intruders in the Creek Nation, Alabama. Also claims.
• A few lists of Creek Indian claims from the Creek Civil War and other events.
• List of Creek Town kings (or miccos) - 1847.
• Claims against the Osage Indians for depredations against Creeks, Cherokees and others in the 1830s.
• A list of persons vaccinated in the Creek and Cherokee Nations, 1832.
• Fort Smith, Arkansas criminal case files
Seminole & Negro Records:• Seminole and Apalachicola Indians - Emigration rolls, letters, and a few miscellaneous records.
• Negroes in the Creek & Seminole Nations.
See also Negro and Freedmen Links below.
• Special File 284 (Loyal Creek payments, slaves not entitled)
Miscellaneous History:• Indian Pioneer History Interview - Origins of some Creek towns in Alabama.
• "Columbus Sentinel" account of hostile Creek Indian disturbances near Cuwaggee (Cowikee) Creek in Alabama, Feb. 1837. See also this letter.
• Fort Gibson - A brief history
• Memorial of the Western Creeks - 1856
Congressional Records:Serial Set Indexes, 1st-57th Congresses (1789-1903). More about the Serial Set.
• House Report 101. - Report concerning compensation to friendly Creeks, 1824.
• Senate Doc. 222. - Treaty with the Creeks at the Indian Springs, 1825. See also next.
• Senate Doc. 249. - Proceedings in relation to a Creek Treaty, 1825.
• House Report 65. - Memorial on behalf of sundry Creek Indians, praying for assistance from the Government, 1832.
• Senate Ex. Doc. 55. - A list of those who died in the Seminole War, 1836-37, compiled 1848.
• House Ex. doc. 66 - Report concerning 185 unsold Creek Reservations in Alabama, 1848.
• House Ex. doc. 234 - A Bill for the relief of the Alabama, Cooshata, and Muscogee tribes of Indians in Texas, 1873.
• Misc. House doc. 38 - Petition of Delegates of the Creek Nation regarding Loyal Creek claims, 1878.
• Senate Ex. doc. 198 - Claims of Creek Self-emigrants (Stidham roll), 1888.
• House Ex. doc 238 - Payments to 129 self emigrant Creeks.
• Senate doc. 420 - Memorial presenting Loyal Creek claims, 1902.
|This site is a collection of genealogical/historical records and links
to help those researching their Creek - Muskogee Indian
ancestors. I hope this site helps someone discover more about
their Creek - Muskogee Indian ancestors.
Go to Lance Hall's Genealogy to see my family tree and research.
Lance L. Hall
Fort Worth, Texas