Catherine M. Dellinger
was born. She was the daughter of George S. Dellinger
and Bertha A. Stabley
. Catherine M. Dellinger married Alvin F. Merritt
on 30 June 1942; In a 1 July 1942 marriage announcement:
" MERRITT - DELLINGER
Catherine M. Dellinger, daughter of George S. Dellinger, 231 Harding court was united in marriage to Alvin F. Merritt, son of Mrs. Louisa Merritt, Rochester, N.Y., last evening at 5:30 o'clock at a candelight service at Second United Brethren church by Rev. Mervie H. Welty, pastor.
The bride was attired in a white lace and nylon dress. The lace bodice was cut on torso lines and had full bishop sleeves with a flared cuff of lace. It had a sweetheart neckline and the full skirt ended in a short train. The shoulder length veil fell from a white orchid which was fastened in her hair. She carried a white Bible with a white orchid and white satin streamers to which gypsophilia was attached.
The maid of honor, Marth Sinney, wore a turquoise chiffon and marquesette gown of Paris style. The chiffon bodice was shirred and had a square neckline and short sleeves. The full skirt was of marquisette and a yellow mol---- with long streamers was fastened at the back of the waistline. The turquoise face veil fell from yellow roses and white daisies. She carried a colonial bouquet of yellow roses and white daisies.
The best man was Maurice P. Gerber, Rochester, N.Y. George Dellinger, a brother of the bride and Clarence Peters, a cousin of the bride, served as ushers.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the bride's home for relatives and a few friends. The couple then left on a wedding trip to the Adirondack mountains in New York. For traveling the bride wore a luggage and natural print dress with the same color accessories. Her flower was a white orchid.
The bridegroom is a graduate of Rochester Atheneum and Mechanical institute and is a commercial artist with L.M. Berry and Company, Rochester. The bride is a graduate of William Penn Senior High school and was employed in the office of the York Telephone and Telegraph company."