Map Ref. SD950247
INGHAM Richard & Sons.
researched, recorded and referenced by Mrs Sheila Wade
Hebden Bridge WEA Local History Group
Extract from the writings of John Travis
“… run of water gathered from Keelham Heights, which comes down by Ashes to Beanhole Head, then falls over the rocks to Foot’s stone quarry and forms Castle Clough, at which place it once turned a little factory of that name in olden times. …”
Sutcliffe papers Leeds Archives
In 1788 Richard Ingham of Castle, Stansfield, was a worsted stuff maker, when he bought land at Cinderhills. Richard senior had died by 1810 and left his estates to his sons, Richard, John and William.
9th January 1801: Royal Exchange Insurance Policy no. 180992
Richard Ingham of the Castle, Stansfield; cotton mill at Castle; own occupation; no stoves; £100. Clockmakers work, carding and breaking engines £100. Stock in trade £100. Total £300.
Township of Stansfield 1805
Factory chamber at Clough, owned by Richard Ingham; empty; annual value £2.10s.0d.
Stansfield Township Map of 1816
Richard Ingham’s estate at Castle marked.
Account books of Jeremiah Jackson 1831, 1834 and 1839
Messrs. Ingham, Castle Mill