FERNEY LEE, TODMORDEN, DURING THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE RECREATION GROUND 1902.
It opened in 1902 as a small park with flower beds, pathways and benches, and a children's playground. It was closed in 1920 as the opening of Centre Vale Park had made it superfluous. Trees and pathways can still be seen.
The cottages on the top left were demolished to make way for the new grammar school in 1912.
During WW2 the site was used for a search light and accommodation for soldiers. The accommodation had no baths, so local folk were asked if they would allow soldiers to uses their bathrooms