Francis Patrick (Frank) Gallery (12 Nov 1863-26 Dec 1931) was the fourth child of Patrick L. and Johanna "McGrath" Gallery. He moved to Iowa with his parents when he was five years old.
He married Anna V. Keegan on 4 Mar 1889. Following his marriage to Anna , Frank homesteaded in Klemme, Wright County, Iowa, beginning with only a team of horses, wagon and a walking plow. Anna joined him two weeks later. Their first home was a log cabin and lean-to. Frank purchased 160 acres east of Klemme, nine miles from Garver, Iowa in 1891 from the Illinois Central RR and William McGuire. He prospered there, building a seven-room house, where six daughters were born.
On December 15, 1902, his Uncle James (Uncle "Ney") Gallery died in Buchanan County. Frank returned with his family and purchased the James Gallery Farm on Highway 20, southeast of the Old Gallery Farm. The remaining children were born there. Frank lived the remainder of his life there, farming this and other property in the area.
Both Frank and Anna are buried at the Holy Cross Cemetery, Masonville, Iowa.
1. Josephine (Josie)Gallery (10 June 1890-1 Oct 1909). She went to school at Visitation Academy in DuBuque after eighth grade, but died from tuberculosis at age 19, possibly contacting it while caring for elderly nuns at the Academy. The unsuccessful treatment of her disease at this time included her isolation from the family household. She had to sleep alone in a tent out of the house with sterilization of her eating utensils, etc. The procession for her funeral was 1-1/2 miles long.
2. Nellie Gallery (born 24 Jan 1892), married Lawrence Callan,(June 4, 1915. They had 8 children (Madelyn, married Selvin Weir Trotter, Ann married Leo James Smith, Eleanor, married Charles William Maust, Patricia married Donald Ralph Clark, Regina married Robert Ray Hunemiller (died 1961), John Rogers Welch (died 1995), Deane Richard Waldon.
3. Florence Gallery (born 1895), Married Mark Hogan, 24 Jun 1919. Their children were: (1)LaVaughn, who married a Delgard (2) Cyril (3)Eugene(4) Mary, who married a Lindsay (5) Mark (6) John (7) Coletta, who married a Birding
4. Alice Gallery (16 July 1897-1 Nov 1914). She too died of TB before reaching adulthood.
5. Elsie Gallery (17 Oct 1898-9 Sep 1911)
6. Leona Gallery (born 1 Sep 1901), married Louis Kinnery 17 Apr 1932. Their children were (1)Kay (2)Joann (3)Paul (4)Paul (5)Shelia (6) Tom.
7. Clarice Gallery 22 Mar 1903-31 Dec 1931, married George Penning
8. Margaret Gallery (born 21 Apr 1905), married Eugene Smith. Their children were: (1) Doug (2) Frank
9. Francis Gallery (15 Mar 1907-26 Mar 1957), married Beulah Ellison
10. Bernadette Gallery (22 Mar 1905-8 Apr 1905)
11. Infant son (16 Aug 1911-16 Aug 1911)
12. Infant son (July 1913-July 1913)