Town Images  
Neath English Baptist Chapel
- Orchard Place
The Foundation Stone was laid in July 1871 by Henry Lake the Town Mayor.
The first English service had been held about 1839 and their first chapel had been opened in 1843 near Dwr-y-Felin Road. When this chapel was taken over by the Anglicans as an Episcopal Chapel the congregation held services in Mackworth Lane until they moved to the Tabernacle in Water Street in 1855 where they worshipped until this chapel was built.
Ministers are recorded as: 
 A. Fuller Mills (1870-6);
 G. Hawker (1877-83);
A. F. Mills (1885-92);
E. Rowe Evans (1893-99);
W. Degwel Thomas (1911-  )
Neath Masonic Lodge
 -Queen Street
 This is probably the oldest building in Queen Street but most inhabitants of the Town don`t know what it is.
 The "Eye" at the top and the "Dividers" show that it is a Masonic Lodge. The words beneath the three circles are :
 Erected  -  AL 5848 -  AD1848
 It was built in 1848 (Anno Domini) and this is also referred to as 5848 ( Anno Lucis)
Neath Masonic Lodge
 -Queen Street
Town Images Index