Many of the cottages in the village of Fulbeck were owned by craftsmen. The Fane family owned most of the land, but they did not own most of the cottages. In many villages most of the cottages were owned by the main landowner. Fulbeck was an agricultural village in the eighteenth and nineteenth century. The enclosure of 1805 lists the three landowners as Henry Fane, William Capp and Thomas Capp. It was part of the Newark registration district in 1837.
predators of the Jurassic seas
The first skeleton of a plesiosaur was described in 1719 by William Stukely (a famous archaeologist). His fossil was a partial skeleton found at Fulbeck, Nottinghamshire. However he had no idea that it was an unknown animal, suggesting it might be part of a porpoise or crocodile. Not until a century later in the 1820s were plesiosaurs first recognised as a distinct group of reptiles. more information
The Hare & Hounds Country Inn
This sixteenth century Inn retains many original features and a good range of real ales and imaginative food is offered in either the cosy bars or attractive restaurant. Bedrooms are located in the former stables and maltings and all have the benefit of en-suite facilities. Friendly and attentive service is provided by the Nicholas Family.
The Green, Fulbeck, LINCOLN England NG32 3JJ
Telephone: 01400 272090
Church of St. Nicholas
A perpendicular west tower with eight pinnacles , the middle ones on two diagonal projections starting above the transomed twin two light bell openings. Arcades of three bays with round piers and double chamfered
arches, much renewed but originally from about 1300.
Manor Stables Craft Centre
Mervyn Selley makes clocks and rocking horses
Mrs Anne Wood, spinning and weaving
FULBECK from the Viking words beck, meaning stream and ful, meaning dirty or foul - the Danes and Anglo-Saxons sailed up the Trent to attack England.
views of village