Creating rounded picture frames can be done using a background image and the online image manipulation sites. These three sites can be used:
- My Imager
- Image Magick at Net4TV
Directions for creating a curved image and transparencies are only given for Image Magick.
Two Required Elements: One Background and One Image
BACKGROUND -- Follow these steps:
- Determine the size of the image you want framed.
- Select a background sample from a site that allows manipulation of their backgrounds.
- Resize the graphic to be large enough to be a base for your image and save it on your database site.
- Go to Image Magick and upload the background base.
- Go to DRAW and, using the circle or ellipse, draw a circle to mark the outer edge of the frame. Be sure to enter "none" in the Fill area.
- Go to DRAW again and, using the circle or ellipse, draw a circle to mark the inner edge of the frame. Be sure "none" is in the Fill area.
- Using PAINT, select MATTE and Fill to Border.
- Click on the area outside the frame.
- Click on the area inside the frame.
Background Graphic Frame
You have created a doughnut surrounded by transparencies which must be uploaded to your database site as a GIF (or the transparencies will be lost). Select Output and Upload.
IMAGE --Follow these steps:
- Be sure your image is large enough to extended over the edges of the inner circle of the frame and small enough not to use unnecessary bytes creating the image.
- Upload the image to Image Magick.
- Go to DRAW and draw a circle or ellipse that will match the inner edge of the frame. Be sure that "none" is entered in Fill.
- Using PAINT, select MATTE and FILL TO BORDER, then click on the area outside the circle/ellipse.
- Go to Output, select GIF (required to maintain transparency), and Upload to your site.
Resized Original Photo Cropped Photo
Framing Your Image
To combine the two elements (image and frame), do the following:
- Go to Image Magick
- Input the frame graphic.
- Select Composite
- Enter the URL for the edited version of the image
- Select Center
- Select Over
- Click on Composite
- Select Output
- Upload the composite as a GIF to your site.
As with the rectangular frames, these mounted images can use many bytes and should be optimized.
Two Samples of ROUND RECTANGULAR Frames
Please note: You need three (3) sets of figures for the rounded rectangle: (1) Top left coordinates; (2) bottom right coordinates; (3) corner width,height. Example: 10,10 177,177 10,5
Return to Main Frame Page
Return to Main Page