PRECIOUS BLOOD CATHEDRAL
This church was constructed in 1875 and dedicated in 1876 as the Parish Church of The Sacred Heart by Bishop Jean-Francois Jamet. It replaced a wooden building construction in 1846 which had served as a Jesuit Missionary post for this region. Built of real red-grey sandstone, it was designed in the Gothic Revival style with a single narc, tall lancet windows, and an imposing tower and slate roof . In 1901 transepts were added and in 1930 a new vestry was built. Both additions adhere to the original style. The Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie was created by the Holy See in 1904 and this church was selected as the Diocesan Cathedral. It was renamed the Cathedral of the Precious Blood in 1936.
|Item # 1- Baptisms, Marriages and Burials spanning
the years 1870 - 1899|
NOTE: - Records are in Latin, French or English.
Item # 2 Baptisms spanning the years 1899 to 1910
NOTE: - Records are in English and sorted by the surname of the child.
Item # 5-6 Marriages spanning the years 1896 to 1910
NOTE: - Records are in English and sorted by the surname of the groom.
Item # 7 Burials spanning the years 1893 to 1910
NOTE: - Records are in Latin.