YORK(E) Entries From Ontario Vital Records.
YORK(E) VITAL EVENTS IN ONTARIO
This file of Vital events for Ontario for the surname YORK, YORKE is a
transcription from the LDS films for Indexes to Ontario Births, Marriages
and Deaths. As I transcribed them a few odd things showed up in the records.
There are Notes for these. I have also used Notes to designate the listings
pertaining to my own ancestry.
Period covered by records as of Oct. 23, 2002:
- Births- 1869 to 1905 - 421 records
- Marriages- 1873 to 1920 - 510 records
- Deaths- 1869 to 1930 - 485 records
- Baptisms extracted from the file of
Wesleyan Methodist Baptisms listed elsewhere
on this site. There are 53 of them, ranging from 1843 to 1892. There
is additional information on this page,
such as birth date, parents, where born etc.
Explanation of Notes attached to some of the records:
- Note 1-These people are all part of my YORK ancestry. Contact me at the
address below if we
share an ancestor or relative.
- Note 2-Duplicated record. May have different information in each copy, as
is most likely different people did each registration.
- Note 3-No month or day in record but I needed them for my program. I used
but this is NOT the real date! There are several 'real' dates of Jan.
Only the ones I created are noted.
- Note 4-These surnames could be misspellings of York or Yorke.
- Note 5-Registration number, year of registration or place of event doesn't
the normal standards.
I transcribed these records exactly as I found them. There are
and errors that I left as is. I did not try to standardize locations.
all possible variations for the names and places you are looking for.
The records have been sorted by two different methods. There is one set
of files sorted by the Place of the Event. There is another set sorted
by First Name. Hopefully one of these two methods will make it easier to find
the names you want.
To order records from this list please check my pages on the Indexes to Ontario Vital
Registration numbers and using LDS form 31768.
H E L P
If anyone can help identify the Stephen V. R.
YORK mentioned in the linked page,
please let me know. Thank you. Bill.
Bill Martin, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.
My Site Map