Cause of his death was Consumption.6
Other names for Themio were Thomas Nicolas Constantine and Themistoklis Loutopolous.
Themio came to Australia in 1853 and changed his name to Laundess and was granted Australian citizenship in 1875. Perhaps he came because of the gold finds. We do not really know.
Noted events in his life were:
• He has conflicting birth information of 1837 and Pátrai, , Achaías, Greece. 7 From Marriage certificate, where the place of birth is reorded as Patras, Norea, Greece
• Moved: 1862, New South Wales. 6
• He worked as a Miner on 7 Dec 1863 in Grenfell, Monteagle County, New South Wales.
• He was naturalized on 20 Jul 1875 in New South Wales. 5 6 It is on his naturlisation that he invented the name Laundess. We still do not know the original Greek name. Just some guesses.
• He signed a will on 17 Sep 1875 in New South Wales. 6
• Living in 7 Dec 1863 at Wombat, , New South Wales.
Themio married Louisa Maria Adams, daughter of George Henry Adams and Elizabeth Clarke, on 7 Dec 1863 in Lambing Flat, New South Wales.2 8 (Louisa Maria Adams was born on 1 Jun 1846 in Sutton Forest, Camden County, New South Wales,8 9 died on 20 Jun 1907 in Sydney, Cumberland County, New South Wales, Australia 5 and was buried on 21 Jun 1907 in Waverley Cemetery, Cumberland County, New South Wales, Australia 5 6 10.) The cause of her death was carcinoma of rectum.6
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Registration: Marriage, 7 Dec 1863, Young, Monteagle County, New South Wales. 7 Witness - James Lowrey, Helen Frost
Registrars Office, Young
1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Family Search, 0970434. Surety:2
2 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 3311/1863.
3 Other Researchers, Wendy Condon.
4 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 9898/1886.
5 Internet, Terrence Price.
6 Other Researchers, Lloyd McClymont.
7 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), 03311/1863.
8 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Family Search, 0970434.
9 NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/), V18461696 31A/1846.
10 Other Researchers, Caron Adams.
Brian Yap (葉文意)
This data in a Gencircles Page. See connections to other people's data. This database on the roots web server.
I do not update this one as oftem ,but it is good for producting reports of ancestors and descendents.
I am now working on a new project at wikicities. Please come and vist and add your info. There are other people in this site, for various reasons, some not related at all. Some are married into my family, some I once thought were related and, turns out, they are not.
www.flickr.com yewenyi's Family History Photos photoset