Descendants of Christian Henry Odendahl
Generation No. 1
1. CHRISTIAN HENRY1 ODENDAHL was born December 26, 1804 in Rostack, Germany, and died November 19, 1880. He married (1) UNKNOWN Abt. 1833. She died Bef. 1850. He married (2) KUNIG M. STROBEL January 27, 1854 in Allen Co., IN. She was born May 10, 1824 in Bavaria, and died March 08, 1884.
Children of CHRISTIAN ODENDAHL and UNKNOWN are:
i. FREDERICA2 ODENDAHL, b. Abt. 1834.
ii. DETLOF ODENDAHL, b. Abt. 1838.
2. iii. FREDERICK ODENDAHL, b. Abt. 1840.
iv. MICHAELLA ODENDAHL, b. Abt. 1842.
v. LOUISA ODENDAHL, b. Abt. 1845; m. ALBIN GREEF, April 17, 1874, Orleans Parish, New Orleans, LA.
Children of CHRISTIAN ODENDAHL and KUNIG STROBEL are:
vi. FREDERICKA2 ODENDAHL, b. Abt. 1857.
vii. HENRIETTA ODENDAHL, b. 1860.
Generation No. 2
2. FREDERICK2 ODENDAHL (CHRISTIAN HENRY1) was born Abt. 1840. He married MARIA ELISABETH SCHURICHT September 21, 1865 in St. Louis, MO, daughter of JOHANN SCHURICHT and MARIA TIRMENSTEIN. She was born December 10, 1846 in St. Louis, MO.
Notes for FREDERICK ODENDAHL:
Frederick served in the Civil War in the 10th Illinois Infantry and the 17th Missouri Infantry. He applied for a pension in 1873 - I have requested his pension file from NARA.
Children of FREDERICK ODENDAHL and MARIA SCHURICHT are:
i. FREDRICH JULIOUS CHRISTIAN3 ODENDAHL, b. June 06, 1867; m. ELIZABETH GISCH, October 18, 1899, Orleans Parish, New Orleans, LA.
ii. ALEXANDER ODENDAHL, b. March 15, 1869; m. AMANDA MEYERDING, January 24, 1894, Orleans Parish, New Orleans, LA.
iii. LUISE ODENDAHL, b. August 23, 1871; m. THEODORE LANGE, October 26, 1893, Orleans Parish, New Orleans, LA.
3. iv. MARIE AMELIA ODENDAHL, b. August 23, 1871, Brownstown, IN; d. December 25, 1946, Independence, KS.
v. ADOLF THEODORE ODENDAHL, b. July 07, 1873.
vi. EMMA ODENDAHL, b. May 22, 1877.
vii. PAUL ODENDAHL, b. April 17, 1886.
Generation No. 3
3. MARIE AMELIA3 ODENDAHL (FREDERICK2, CHRISTIAN HENRY1) was born August 23, 1871 in Brownstown, IN, and died December 25, 1946 in Independence, KS. She married AUGUST HENRY GASSNER1 November 13, 1890 in Orleans Parish, New Orleans, LA2, son of JOHN GASSNER and EVA BURG. He was born August 31, 18663, and died January 11, 1934 in Washington, Franklin Co., MO.
Notes for MARIE AMELIA ODENDAHL:
The parentage of Marie Amelia ODENDAHL has not been confirmed. It was previously thought that she was the daughter of Christian Henry and Kunigunde Marie (STROBEL) ODENDAHL. But I recently found a GEDCOM on the internet which listed her as the daughter of Frederick and Maria Elisabeth (SCHURICHT) ODENDAHL. This latter line makes more sense since Frederick and his children show up in New Orleans by 1880, which is where Maria and August got married. The only problem with this line is the date of birth for Maria, which is 1867 in the first line and 1871 in the second line. This line needs to be confirmed and worked out.
Notes for AUGUST HENRY GASSNER:
Rev. August Henry Gassner was ordained prior to 1890 as his marriage record lists him as Rev. Gassner. By 1893 he was a minister in Lohman, MO. Before 1907 he accepted a call to Friedheim, MO, possibly as early as 1900. In 1910 he was in Cape Girardeau, MO and in 1911 he accepted a call to Washington, MO. More research is needed to solidify dates and places.
Children of MARIE ODENDAHL and AUGUST GASSNER are:
i. HILDA4 GASSNER, b. Abt. 1891; m. GLENN DAVIS.
ii. AUGUSTA LOUISE JOHANNA GASSNER, b. September 21, 1893, Lohman, Cole Co., MO; d. March 22, 1997, Independence, KS; m. AUGUST FREDERICK DROEGEMUELLER, October 31, 1915, Washington, MO; d. April 1962.
iii. LYDIA GASSNER, b. Abt. 1895; m. MARTIN PFOTENHAUER.
iv. JOHN HENRY GASSNER, b. September 20, 1896, Jackson, Cape Girardeau Co., MO; d. February 20, 1983, Lockwood, Dade Co., MO; m. LAURA MARIE HENKEL, August 28, 1921; b. August 07, 1901, Boscobel, Grant Co., WI; d. March 20, 1979, St. Louis, MO.
Notes for JOHN HENRY GASSNER:
John GASSNER, like his father, was a Lutheran minister and served in that capacity for over 50 years.
v. MARTIN GASSNER, b. Abt. 1898; m. HAZEL.
vi. THEODORE GASSNER, b. Abt. 1902; m. GENEVIEVE.
vii. HERBERT GASSNER, b. April 06, 1904; d. February 03, 1955, Washington, MO; m. ESTHER BUEKER, June 11, 1938, Herman, MO.
viii. EDITH GASSNER, b. Abt. 1907; m. EDWIN REINKE.
1. US Government, 1910 Federal Census, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Rev. A. H. Gassner with wife Mary and eight children; Neilda age 18, Augusta age 16, Lydia age 14, John age 13, Martin age 11, Theodore age 8, Herbert age 6, and Edith age 2.
2. Broderdund Software, CD 1 - Louisiana Marriages 1474-1912, Rev. August Henry GASSNER married Marie Amelia ODENDAHL November 13, 1890 Orleans Parish, New Orleans, LA.
3. St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church Baptisms, #2715.