Colby houses


There were other old homes in Amesbury that belonged to Colbys. Some are still there, and some are gone forever. These pictures were taken of a poster disply at the 2000 runion. At least, we can get an idea of what they were like.


This is the house next to the "Captain's Well". It was sold to Daniel Currier by Thomas Colby in 1745. (Which Thomas?)

These houses are on Kendrick Court, across Main St. from the Macy/Colby House. The house in the rear was built around 1760 by Oliver Blaisell. (Oliver is a descendant of Jarret Haddon) The one in the front belonged to Samuel Kendrick

The oldest part of this house was built about 1680 by Ebenezer Blaisdell. His wife, Sarah was d/o John, Anthony.




This was built in 1704 by Ephraim Blaisdell. (Sarah, John, Anthony)

The one on the left was built by Enoch Chase in 1726. His wife, Judith, was d/o Thomas, Thomas, Anthony. The one on the right was built by David Merrill in 1750. His wife, Eleanor, was d/o Ephriam Blaisdell, above

Stephen Lowell built this one in 1728. (His brother, Moses, married Frances, d/o Thomas, Thomas, Anthony )