JAMES A. BEEKMAN
John Beekman was a taxpayer in Loudoun County, VA between 1782 - 1787. He was living in Adams County, Ohio in the 1830 census but he was not in the 1840 census.
Children of JOHN BEEKMAN and E. LEWIS are:
1. CHRISTOPHER BEEKMAN was born September 06, 1784. He married SARAH VANMETER. There were children born to Christopher and Sarah. (I do not have children's names.)
2. SARAH CATHERINE BEEKMAN, b. 1787; m. GEORGE ELLISON.
3. JAMES A. BEEKMAN, (my ancestor) b. 1790, Virginia; d. 1858, Pike County, Ohio. He married SUSANNAH HILL September 05, 1811 in Adams County, Ohio. She was born 1790 in Adams County, Ohio, and died 1840 in Pike County, Ohio.
4. WILLIAM BEEKMAN, b. Unknown; m. Rachel Davis.
5. CHARLES BEEKMAN, b. Unknown. He was in the War of 1812.
6. JOSEPH BEEKMAN, b. Unknown; d. Bef. 1850.
7. JOHN BEEKMAN, b. 1782; D. 1840, m. (1) ISABELL RALSTON; m. (2) HANNAH DAVIS.
James was in the War of 1812. He had 150 acres of land on Brush Creek in Adams County, Ohio in 1816. He moved to Pike County in the 1850s. There is a Will recorded in Pike County, Ohio.
Children of JAMES A. BEEKMAN and SUSANNAH HILL are:
1. GIRL BEEKMAN, b. 1812.
2. BOY BEEKMAN, b. 1813.
3. ABRAHAM BEEKMAN, (my ancestor) b. 1820, Ohio; m. SUSAN RAMSEY, Adams County, Ohio; b. 1830.
4. RACHEL BEEKMAN, b. 1821; d. 1910; m. BENJAMIN F. HENRY; b. 1813.
5. MAHLON BEEKMAN, b. 1826.
6. LEAH BEEKMAN, b. 1830; m. WILLIAM WIKOFF; b. 1827.
7. GIRL BEEKMAN, b. 1835.