In his will, Wilhelmus Beekman left this last admonition to his children: "My desire is that no discord may arise in the division of the estate which the Lord in his mercy hath lent me. The same advice that Joseph gave to his brethren, I leave among you all, and that is, that you fall not by the way, whilst you live in this world, so that ye be kindly affectionate one to the other; that what God's blessing I have advanced, I have endeavoured and laboured to gain it honestly, so would I have you to do, and to keep faith and a good conscience always; for a good name is better than riches and honours."
Children of WILHELMUS BEEKMAN and CATALINA DE BOOGH are:
1. MARIA BEEKMAN, b. 1650; d. 1695; m. NICHOLAS WILLIAM STUYVESANT, May 05, 1672; b. 1648; d. Bet. 1679-1739. Son of Governor Peter Stuyvesant.
Child of MARIA BEEKMAN and NICHOLAS STUYVESANT is:
1. JUDITH STUYVESANT, b. Bet. 1668-1691; d. 1694.
She never married.
2. HENDRICK BEEKMAN was born 1652, and died 1716. He married JOHANNA LOPERS June 05, 1681, daughter of LUYT LOPERS. She was born 1650, and died Bet. 1690-1745.
3. COLONEL GERARDUS BEEKMAN, M.D. (my ancestor) b. August 17, 1653, Flatbush, Long Island; d. October 10, 1723, NY; m. MAGDALENA ABEEL, August 29, 1677; b. 1657, Albany, NY; d. October 20, 1745.
4. CORNELIA BEEKMAN, b. 1655; d. April 1679; m. ISAAC VER VLECK, September 19, 1674; b. Bet. 1629-1655; d. Bet. 1679-1743.
5. JOHANNES BEEKMAN, b. 1656; d. July 21, 1751, Kingston NY.
6. JACOBUS BEEKMAN, b. 1658; d. 1679.
7. WILHELMUS BEEKMAN, b. July 20, 1664; d. 1702.
8. MARTINUS BEEKMAN, b. 1665; d. Bet. 1666-1755.